Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Mpc3004 jam 067 (feedback) despite replacement of the entire paper output unit

hi everyone, i wanted to give my feedback on the ticket of the other day on an mpc3004, the call reported jams 067 (duplex inversion) when printing in duplex, which has already happened to me three, four times, and i always solved by replacing the entire paper output unit, this time however despite the replacement of the aforementioned unit the problem persisted, in the end I solved it by updating the firmware, with RFUT, I know that it is a more unique problem than rare, so for this I am sending you my feedback, it is worth the worth a try, as it is a quick operation

Greetings
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Mpc3004 jam 067 (feedback) despite replacement of the entire paper output unit

Jam 067 is a trail edge timing error, trail edge late in leaving the sensor. Firmware most likely may most like have increased the time allowed for trail edge to exit.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Mpc3004 jam 067 (feedback) despite replacement of the entire paper output unit

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    hi everyone, i wanted to give my feedback on the ticket of the other day on an mpc3004, the call reported jams 067 (duplex inversion) when printing in duplex, which has already happened to me three, four times, and i always solved by replacing the entire paper output unit, this time however despite the replacement of the aforementioned unit the problem persisted, in the end I solved it by updating the firmware, with RFUT, I know that it is a more unique problem than rare, so for this I am sending you my feedback, it is worth the worth a try, as it is a quick operation

Greetings
    Sure, firmware should always be the first thing to try if you can do it quick and easy with RICOH Firmware Update Tool

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Sure, firmware should always be the first thing to try if you can do it quick and easy with RICOH Firmware Update Tool
    to be honest I had a backup 3004 in the van of the company, but I didn't want to start disassembling cards or anything with my back bent, and I said, "let's try with the firmware" ... it was more instinct than anything else
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Jam 067 is a trail edge timing error, trail edge late in leaving the sensor. Firmware most likely may most like have increased the time allowed for trail edge to exit.
    no, there was no sheet, I immediately understood that it was not the usual story, I understood what you say, you mean the classic accordion paper jam, or stop in the middle, which is usually either the sensor, or more rarely (seen here) the motor

Retired 10,000+ Posts

no, there was no sheet, I immediately understood that it was not the usual story, I understood what you say, you mean the classic accordion paper jam, or stop in the middle, which is usually either the sensor, or more rarely (seen here) the motor
    No I am referring to the paper that is a half mm too long. It would not be the first time that Ricoh has increased sensor detect time to correct paper jams.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    No I am referring to the paper that is a half mm too long. It would not be the first time that Ricoh has increased sensor detect time to correct paper jams.

the idea that I got, and that for some unknown reason, the logic of the mc went to the mussels, and updating, who knows which module, perhaps the engine, is back in place. today for example, I had an mpc3003 that when you set es. 20 copies, he still made only one ... lol, but I was there for something else, and I was in a damn hurry... the customer uses it 99% as a printer, and if he makes a copy, he makes it single

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Greetings
    Thanks... it will save us some disassembly time for sure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

to be honest I had a backup 3004 in the van of the company, but I didn't want to start disassembling cards or anything with my back bent, and I said, "let's try with the firmware" ... it was more instinct than anything else
    Good call brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Thanks... it will save us some disassembly time for sure.

hello everyone, it seemed rigorous to correct this post of mine, the machine in question re-presented the problem again, at this point, I went to the customer, and I replaced it with an identical one, once inspected in the laboratory calmly, I discovered that the problem is the duplex entrace sensor feeler (D2024673), a bit lazy (see video), I disassembled it, I reloaded the spring better, and I put a drop of super fluid oil .... problem solved. ... by the way I have another machine here, with the same problem

kind regards

Ricoh mpc3004 series - jam code 067 (lazy feeler) - YouTube