Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: MP 6000 SC672

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP 6000 SC672

Re: MP 6000 SC672

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    Seeing the video of the display flashing I would like to get a tip out of my head, check the main switch, if burned it can cause false contact.
    Yes I did check the main (red/pink) power switch, took the plastic cover off, the contacts were where they should be, nevertheless, I took them off and sprayed contact cleaner on them. I also measured the resistance of the switch when closed, if I remember correctly it was approx. <0.5 Ohms.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I would try firmware.

But being an end user you haven't seen what we have.
    Hell I had one of my lazy techs leave screws partially screwed in. A few LOOSE screws not installed but laying on top of the board cage then installed the covers and walked away. I week later I had to go out on the unit an low and behold, the screws moved due to vibration and fell into the PSU and fried it.
    31 years in the industry and I've seen some crazy shit.
    Hell had a mouse fry the PSU because he chewed through the cables. He was smoked but still had a wire in his mouth.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Preach brother

I've also seen some very very strange things. Also you get very lazy technicians who won't do the jobs properly. Leave screws out. Won't check units properly. Won't check parts properly. Techs that know a certain part is at fault but will still want to correct the fault by changing something else! And then you have to go clean up / fix their faults! And techs that will just leave the machine for you to fix

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Please try the things everyone suggested.

Also check
    1) Main power supply unit
    2) Power supply unit for controller

All the best friend

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MP 6000 SC672

Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    Preach brother

I've also seen some very very strange things. Also you get very lazy technicians who won't do the jobs properly. Leave screws out. Won't check units properly. Won't check parts properly. Techs that know a certain part is at fault but will still want to correct the fault by changing something else! And then you have to go clean up / fix their faults! And techs that will just leave the machine for you to fix
    Or the ones that go out don't clean a damn thing, mess with SP mode settings and leave just to have to return the next day.
    Yup seen some crazy shit as a SM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Or the ones that go out don't clean a damn thing, mess with SP mode settings and leave just to have to return the next day.
    Yup seen some crazy shit as a SM.

Then after you fix the fault the customer says something like, "Why you didn't come in the first place"

In all honesty I can't blame the customer but we can only be 1 place at a time

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Just to test try this:

1) pull your drawers, fuser unit and duplex unit out. With the front door open switch the machine on and check if the display is still flickering or not

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP 6000 SC672

Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    Just to test try this:

1) pull your drawers, fuser unit and duplex unit out. With the front door open switch the machine on and check if the display is still flickering or not
    I have tried this - basically pull out everything I can (I have also completely disconnected the finisher and ADF) but nothing.

Just to be clear:

1. First time the issue occurs the machine was working fine the day before, we then try to power it up the next day and it is completely dead on startup - the activity LED doesn't light up, the trays don't start lifting, the fuser doesn't warm up.

2. After a couple of days, I took the controller board home. I then came back to the shop with it and installed it back in the machine, but before powering the machine up I also sprayed contact cleaner on the grey JST connector that connects the IPU to the BCU (I only sprayed on the IPU side) and then I also sprayed the lower PSU on the control box to clean it from toner and dust.

I waited for a few minutes for the contact cleaner to evaporate, left the control box half open, powered up the machine and it worked just as it should - it booted up fine, no flickering, I could access the print/scan menu, but I didn't make any prints. The NIC/USB card was disconnected, all other doors were closed, the ADF was connected, the finisher might have been disconnected.

I then proceed to put everything back together (the USB/NIC card was reconnected, the finisher might have been disconnected but I am pretty sure the ADF wasn't, nor were any drawers open like the fuser or a paper tray) and then although it powered up, the flickering began. It would reach the "Ready to copy" status on the copy screen, but I then press the sub power switched, waited it for it to stop illuminating and then turned off the machine perplexed.

I then tried restarting it after a few minutes and what happened is basically what you can see in the video. The machine tries to start and then tries to start again and again but fails.

I left the machine as is and came back the next day to the same situation as I described in bulletin #1. The machine will do absolutely nothing (no tray lifting, no fuser warming up, no process control happening), the activity LED won't light up at all, the buzzer won't make any sounds, the LCD won't flicker but will respond to the brightness slider and after approx. 30 you will be greeted by a SC-672. I also can't access the service mode menu as the keypad isn't responding to any commands.

I hope tomorrow I will be able to do a control box swap and I hope to finally be able to isolate the fault.

May I ask - if the control box doesn't change anything, do all the PCBs (I think there are 2 of them) of the main PSU need to be replaced? Is it a single unit although there are 2 different boards?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I may be wrong but you said the USB/NIC card was disconnected, isn’t this model the same as most Ricoh models in that the USB and network ports part of the controller board.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP 6000 SC672

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    I may be wrong but you said the USB/NIC card was disconnected, isn’t this model the same as most Ricoh models in that the USB and network ports part of the controller board.
    It is an expansion card, but it makes no difference whether it is plugged in or not. Machine still codes 672

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The reason I mentioned removing the fuser, trays and duplex and then starting it up is because there might be a short relating to 1 of those units. If the machine then started up normally you know its 1 of those.