Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Re: mp 4054 curling on the ends

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    I just downloaded the man on the bn31110, how is this going to help with the paper curling, it doesnt do anything to the lower paper exit section, can u explain how this unit will correct my jamming at the finisher?there is no extra guide or replacement roller assembly, it seems to just fit OVER the existing output assembly.. sorry for the question.
    you asked "Is there a different exit paper guide roller assmbly like on the color machine(different interchangable piece in the paper exit path just outside the fuser)I dont think there is, and i cant see where there would be one, but as it stands the pics say it all." It looks to me like this is an answer to that question...is it not?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

The BN3110 does not look (by the svc manual) that it would chang anything abou the curling or feed into the finisher section, im asking if the BN3110 alters the paper path in anyway so as to not curl as it enters the internal finisher

in this picture the bottom is where the paper would enter the internal finisherD692_BN3110(sm).jpg i see no difference hence the paper would still curl upon exiting the fuser as in the photos on the first page

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp 4054 curling on the ends

The BN3110 does not look (by the svc manual) that it would chang anything abou the curling or feed into the finisher section, im asking if the BN3110 alters the paper path in anyway so as to not curl as it enters the internal finisher
    Other than the fact that it does not use the same path as used to enter the finisher. It uses the path as the duplex only instead of stopping and reversing the paper as soon as the trail edge clears the duplex path sensor, it ads another set of rollers that carry the page on out into the internal bin. If you have the service manual for the MP 4054 see the third page of Section 1.1.2 Paper Path in the Product Overview. Page 1-5 in my copy of the service manual.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Other than the fact that it does not use the same path as used to enter the finisher. It uses the path as the duplex only instead of stopping and reversing the paper as soon as the trail edge clears the duplex path sensor, it ads another set of rollers that carry the page on out into the internal bin. If you have the service manual see the third page of Section 1.1.2 Paper Path in the Product Overview. Page 1.5 in my copy of the service manual.
    Im sorry slimslob, I have an issue with it entering the finisher,, i dont need an extra exit choice,such as the internal bin, or am i miss understanding your intention here?, sorry for the confusion on my part.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

in this picture the bottom is where the paper would enter the internal finisherD692_BN3110(sm).jpg i see no difference hence the paper would still curl upon exiting the fuser as in the photos on the first page
    When entering the 1 bin tray or the duplex reversing tray, the paper comes out near the top. The arm hanging down is the tray full detect for the 1 bin tray. The 4 small rollers are where the paper exits to enter the internal finisher, the bridge unit or the standard exit tray.

The 4 small rollers are where the paper exits to enter the internal finisher, the bridge unit or the standard exit tray.
    yes , this is where its getting jammed due to the curling, so i was wondering if there was a guide missing or something needed to be changed as in the color machine when u add or subtract a finisher..
    20211222_103343_067.JPG

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Im sorry slimslob, I have an issue with it entering the finisher,, i dont need an extra exit choice,such as the internal bin, or am i miss understanding your intention here?, sorry for the confusion on my part.
    No, I thought that your were referring to the side tray available on some models.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

see photos...
    I have this machine doind this curling on the edges, therefore causing jamming into the internal finsher..Is there a different exit paper guide roller assmbly like on the color machine(different interchangable piece in the paper exit path just outside the fuser)I dont think there is, and i cant see where there would be one, but as it stands the pics say it all. The machine has 28k on it, but I think the fusing press roller is faulty. please advise, is there a pressure adjustment on this? none im am aware of,,, or is it just bad press roller.
    Attachment 51195Attachment 51196Attachment 51197
    Silly question but have You tried another paper?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

yes, even though the client is using cheap paper, i sent some paper i had that was good quality, through it, same thing, it looks like the pressure roller is either putting too much pressure in the middle or the ends are not pressing with enough pressure , im not real sure, and i dont have another fuser to swap with, the fuser is not "worn" by any means, it still looks new, Ive seen moisture in paper curl the whole page, not just the ends...wierd.