Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ricoh proc5200 developer

ricoh proc5200 developer

this is a first time for me on this one. i am working on removing the old developer powder from the developer unit. has anyone found an easy method to do this? at one point someone at ricoh told me not to use a toner vacuum. i have been shaking, lightly bumping, and turning things for the old developer to spill out. but this is taking forever........ any info is appreciated, thanks.
    i miss the old kyocera 1810s. pull the drum out, hit it was vac and rotate a couple of times. that usually did the trick.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    ricoh proc5200 developer

Re: ricoh proc5200 developer

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    this is a first time for me on this one. i am working on removing the old developer powder from the developer unit. has anyone found an easy method to do this? at one point someone at ricoh told me not to use a toner vacuum. i have been shaking, lightly bumping, and turning things for the old developer to spill out. but this is taking forever........ any info is appreciated, thanks.
    i miss the old kyocera 1810s. pull the drum out, hit it was vac and rotate a couple of times. that usually did the trick.
    Yes best not to use a vacuum as this creates static.

All you can do it keep turning the gear as per the manual.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

ricoh proc5200 developer

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Yes best not to use a vacuum as this creates static.

All you can do it keep turning the gear as per the manual.
    even though the manual doesn't mention it, would you recommend replacing the drum cleaning unit during this process? before adding the new developer.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    ricoh proc5200 developer

even though the manual doesn't mention it, would you recommend replacing the drum cleaning unit during this process? before adding the new developer.
    I will lay money that it is in the service manual. Try looking at the recommended preventive maintenance table and checking the PM counters in SP mode. The Product Support Guide also contains recommended maintenance counts as well as parts and kits order numbers.

ricoh proc5200 developer

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I will lay money that it is in the service manual. Try looking at the recommended preventive maintenance table and checking the PM counters in SP mode. The Product Support Guide also contains recommended maintenance counts as well as parts and kits order numbers.
    i do replace the drum cleaning unit and the charge unit when those counters show it's time. i was just wondering if i should consider changing it at this time as well. the only mention i see of the developer is in the 600k kit. and it is referring to the developer filter. that's looking in the service manual and product support guide. unless i am totally missing something. i do value your input and thank you for it!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh proc5200 developer

The Developer removal procedure starts on page 757 of my service manual, ver 1.11

Page 734 of the new manual dated 8/20/21

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    ricoh proc5200 developer

Depends what the PM life of the parts are. If close to life yes I would rebuild the drum cleaning unit. Especially the lube bar as if this wears down it will trigger the switch & flag up on the screen "replace YCK cleaning unit"

Being a Pro series for reliability don't ignore any PM counters on this model. Except the fuser I let this run on a visually check condition.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk