Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Ricoh device production timeline

Hi All

On the previous My-Ricoh system, there was a timeline for each model device, with introduction and termination dates, and it's predecessor and replacement models, in a graph layout.

Does anyone know if this was carried over into Octopus, as I don't see it anywhere?

Would appreciate this greatly, as we use it as a deciding factor on low copy count devices when it comes to keeping/scrapping of a device.

Thanks in advance.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Re: Ricoh device production timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Hi All

On the previous My-Ricoh system, there was a timeline for each model device, with introduction and termination dates, and it's predecessor and replacement models, in a graph layout.

Does anyone know if this was carried over into Octopus, as I don't see it anywhere?

Would appreciate this greatly, as we use it as a deciding factor on low copy count devices when it comes to keeping/scrapping of a device.

Thanks in advance.
    In the US this is the document I would refer to...TSRC__rfg082999. ( Assured parts availability / Period of field support availability. I would think you have access to a comparable sheet(?) I hope this helps.

Technician

I thought I'd seen it since the move, but lately some of the pages aren't logging me in. Just a thought - can you access the page in the top right after going on the Archive tab? The three circle thingy?

Quote Originally Posted by MBZ6301 View Post
    I thought I'd seen it since the move, but lately some of the pages aren't logging me in. Just a thought - can you access the page in the top right after going on the Archive tab? The three circle thingy?
    Sorry but we use RFG-eSource. I just enter the file number (rfg082999 in this case) into the search field on that site.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh device production timeline

Why not ask if one of those with access to Ricoh-usa service pages can send you a copy. I'm retired so no longer have access otherwise I would.

rfg082999.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by MBZ6301 View Post
    Is this helpful?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: Ricoh device production timeline - SOLVED

HI All

When My-Ricoh switched to Office 365 (Octopus), they split the training onto another site called Cornerstone Ilearn.

It turns out that both the product configurator and the device timeline (the one I asked about here) were moved to the ILearn site.

Thank you all for your input.

I really wish Ricoh would standardise their systems worldwide though, as it seems we are all on different systems depending on where in the world we are...
    Press the GREEN button!!