Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    1,666
    Rep Power
    45

    mpc3002 auto firmware download - error

    Hoi,

    Best wishes (witches ) for you in 2022.
    May it bring you lot's and lot's of big problems we could solve here .

    While it was remotely updating the firmware (on a mpc3002 for smears), someone sended a print job.
    I clearly had informed customer not to do so, but you know...
    Machine now keeps asking for firmware.
    "connecting for firmware" .
    No entering sp mode or user mode, just this message appears.
    Replace NV ram?

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: mpc3002 auto firmware download - error

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Hoi,

    Best wishes (witches ) for you in 2022.
    May it bring you lot's and lot's of big problems we could solve here .

    While it was remotely updating the firmware (on a mpc3002 for smears), someone sended a print job.
    I clearly had informed customer not to do so, but you know...
    Machine now keeps asking for firmware.
    "connecting for firmware" .
    No entering sp mode or user mode, just this message appears.
    Replace NV ram?
    If you haven't already tried this. Have them turn the power off, unplug both the power cord AND the ethernet cable for about 5 minutes, then turn it back on. There's a good chance no damage was really done (of course it's never good practice to interrupt firmware updates). Then make sure the network cable has been disconnected before another attempt is made. I never panic as a first response.
    Good luck.

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    mpc3002 auto firmware download - error

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2,800
    Rep Power
    90

    Re: mpc3002 auto firmware download - error

    Plan "B" might be to prepare a sd card with the firmware on it and try to recover onsite.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

  4. #4
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    mpc3002 auto firmware download - error

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,608
    Rep Power
    156

    Re: mpc3002 auto firmware download - error

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Hoi,

    Best wishes (witches ) for you in 2022.
    May it bring you lot's and lot's of big problems we could solve here .

    While it was remotely updating the firmware (on a mpc3002 for smears), someone sended a print job.
    I clearly had informed customer not to do so, but you know...
    Machine now keeps asking for firmware.
    "connecting for firmware" .
    No entering sp mode or user mode, just this message appears.
    Replace NV ram?
    Update the firmware using an SD card. (unplug the lan cable first obvs)
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  5. #5
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: mpc3002 auto firmware download - error

    Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Plan "B" might be to prepare a sd card with the firmware on it and try to recover onsite.
    Definitely my preferred method. I don't like remote or scheduled updates for this very reason...but I understand it is sometimes necessary.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mpc3002 auto firmware download - error


    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,374
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: mpc3002 auto firmware download - error

    Try this,

    Press "1","4","3" using the number keys while the error code is displayed. 2) Press the "CLEAR" key 3 times. 3) Once the error is cleared, the machine will indicate this with beep.

    Then reboot.

  7. #7
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    1,666
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: mpc3002 auto firmware download - error

    Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Try this,

    Press "1","4","3" using the number keys while the error code is displayed. 2) Press the "CLEAR" key 3 times. 3) Once the error is cleared, the machine will indicate this with beep.

    Then reboot.
    No luck...

  8. #8
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    1,666
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: mpc3002 auto firmware download - error

    Thank you all guy's for your help, makes life much easier .
    Can someone please provide me with the latest firmware mpc3002?
    I have an Octopussy account but I can not enter it because: "your computer is to old"
    (Probably the ram or processor not powerful enough.)
    I promise i'll buy a new (second hand) soon...

  9. #9
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mpc3002 auto firmware download - error

    slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    20,468
    Rep Power
    594

    Re: mpc3002 auto firmware download - error

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Thank you all guy's for your help, makes life much easier .
    Can someone please provide me with the latest firmware mpc3002?
    I have an Octopussy account but I can not enter it because: "your computer is to old"
    (Probably the ram or processor not powerful enough.)
    I promise i'll buy a new (second hand) soon...
    More likely it is the OS version of your computer. I know that Ricoh-USA no longer has drivers specific for anything prior to Win 8.1, MAC OS X 10.12 or Windows Server 2012.

  10. #10
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mpc3002 auto firmware download - error

    slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    20,468
    Rep Power
    594

    Re: mpc3002 auto firmware download - error

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    More likely it is the OS version of your computer. I know that Ricoh-USA no longer has drivers specific for anything prior to Win 8.1, MAC OS X 10.12 or Windows Server 2012.
    Another thought, it could be the version of .NET that Octopus requires. Octopus 2018.5 and later requires.NET Framework 4.5.2 or newer and WMF/PowerShell 5.0 or newer.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here