MPCW2201SP SC202-32

This 2201 gas been in the field for 2 years. Just about 60 days ago had to clean print heads and the flush print heads for light to no print on page.
    Has been working since.
    Yesterday went to service call for sc202-32 Head Tank 2 : purge Error.
    I have ordered print heads and am awaiting them.
    Wanted to get input to see if anyone else has had this issue and could comment with any details.

Thank You,

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPCW2201SP SC202-32

Re: MPCW2201SP SC202-32

What are the PM counters and main count for this wide format? After 2 years it may be time to replace the maintenance unit. Head tank 2 is a function of the maintenance unit.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    What are the PM counters and main count for this wide format? After 2 years it may be time to replace the maintenance unit. Head tank 2 is a function of the maintenance unit.
    I am offsite from that call, but have the counts from the ticket.
    The counts are;
    Color Total 41378 SQFT
    Black Total 16530 SQFT

Also had the "Ink collector unit is almost full" just come on. Customer has been repowering mpcw2201 off and on.
    Still down with sc202-32

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Make sure you read "Before you Begin" in the SM for replacement of the Ink Supply Unit. If you don't have a service manual, get one. Watch out for ink spilling onto the encoder strip on the carriage unit. It's right behind the ink heads and the carriage runs along it. The ink heads clip into the carriage unit so don't worry if you have to use some force to get them out.

Also take a lot of pictures on how the tubes are routed.

SP 2102-4 will release the carriage from the Left Ink Stump. That's your start point if you don't have the manual.

Good luck
    Last edited by Brianneoe; 01-23-2022 at 01:53 PM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    Make sure you read "Before you Begin" in the SM for replacement of the Ink Supply Unit. If you don't have a service manual, get one. Watch out for ink spilling onto the encoder strip on the carriage unit. It's right behind the ink heads and the carriage runs along it. The ink heads clip into the carriage unit so don't worry if you have to use some force to get them out.

Also take a lot of pictures on how the tubes are routed.

SP 2102-4 will release the carriage from the Left Ink Stump. That's your start point if you don't have the manual.

Good luck
    I have the manual. Parts are in today. I'll take pics and follow the manual. Gotta love the complexity of this, Thank you Ricoh. Just did a HP wideformat rebuild in the shop, what a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by mycfx View Post
    I have the manual. Parts are in today. I'll take pics and follow the manual. Gotta love the complexity of this, Thank you Ricoh. Just did a HP wideformat rebuild in the shop, what a breeze.

So, I just installed the color print head, black print head, maintenance unit and collect bottle .
    Installed the maintenance unit first, code 202-32 remained.
    Installed the black and color print heads and now it is up and running.
    FYI, the print heads are kits. Have the print head, waste tank, ink to flush with, print head shield for when you are disconnecting ink lines, and plug off pins for ink lines and print heads.
    Manual details were good, just one issue was that I had to turn on machine with door open to use sp to uncap print heads. Would not work sp if code was present and machine fully booted.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MPCW2201SP SC202-32

Quote Originally Posted by mycfx View Post
    So, I just installed the color print head, black print head, maintenance unit and collect bottle .
    Installed the maintenance unit first, code 202-32 remained.
    Installed the black and color print heads and now it is up and running.
    FYI, the print heads are kits. Have the print head, waste tank, ink to flush with, print head shield for when you are disconnecting ink lines, and plug off pins for ink lines and print heads.
    Manual details were good, just one issue was that I had to turn on machine with door open to use sp to uncap print heads. Would not work sp if code was present and machine fully booted.
    Did you install parts with the door open?

Did you reset parts counters?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk