Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MP 6055 Advice

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: MP 6055 Advice

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Well, my first impression has been we're walking into a disaster. After looking at the rest of the environment, I take a look at the 6055 in the main building and it's boot looping. It gets to the Please Wait screen sits there for a few minutes then looks to start loading the menus and then starts booting again. Never throws a visible SC and the motors and drums only start when first powering on and then everything goes quiet.

I tried pulling the drive, bridge unit and finisher, fax, and powering up the machine: no change at all. I haven't tried pulling the fuser or any internal components. I had to work around the painters and other people refurbing the office so I wasn't able to completely try re-seating all of the connections on the boards. Anything else to look for before giving Hytec a shout and going down the board replacement route?

I checked, but I didn't remember well, try this, access the recovery mode of the android panel to see if you can skip the continuous reboot, and to update the panel from there, at least you understand if it is the panel, or something else.
    load in the main root the zip file of the panel, and insert it in the slot on the left of the display, turn on the machine by holding EX1 and EX3, and release them as soon as the blue screen appears, then press EX1 and EX2, if the machine does not restart, select from the menu that will appear "apply update from sd card" and so on
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I had this problem a while back..Unplug the machine and discharge it by pressing the power switch. If the OPE is set for Quick recovery mode (default) it will bypass the Quick mode and allow you to access the Android screen using the "Normal" boot-up mode. Follow Luca's instructions on how to get to the Android menu.

The last and only time I had this I did a full clear on the Android panel. Make sure you have the latest version D2411425X and also the latest APP download.

After you wipe the Android OS you then will install the new one. Keep in mind that you will need to un-plug and discharge the machine so it will boot up into the Normal mode. Follow the instructions on the Android read me file to "apply update from SD card"

After you update the Android panel you will need to reinstall the Apps. From there you will need to reconfigure the panel settings back to where the customer had it. There will be a lot of trial and error, turning on and off so forth and so forth but you will be able to get it going.

Ricoh's new "Terms of Use" as of 7-7-21 precludes me from providing any additional information on this problem.

Good luck

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    I had this problem a while back..Unplug the machine and discharge it by pressing the power switch. If the OPE is set for Quick recovery mode (default) it will bypass the Quick mode and allow you to access the Android screen using the "Normal" boot-up mode. Follow Luca's instructions on how to get to the Android menu.

The last and only time I had this I did a full clear on the Android panel. Make sure you have the latest version D2411425X and also the latest APP download.

After you wipe the Android OS you then will install the new one. Keep in mind that you will need to un-plug and discharge the machine so it will boot up into the Normal mode. Follow the instructions on the Android read me file to "apply update from SD card"

After you update the Android panel you will need to reinstall the Apps. From there you will need to reconfigure the panel settings back to where the customer had it. There will be a lot of trial and error, turning on and off so forth and so forth but you will be able to get it going.

Ricoh's new "Terms of Use" as of 7-7-21 precludes me from providing any additional information on this problem.

Good luck
    true! i forget to specifify that indispensable the "normal start" option set up of the SOP, to enter in recovery mode
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Long time since I've updated this. The machine is T&M so there had to be a few more approvals to look at it again.

Doing a slightly deeper dive:

Powering the machine up with the front and side panels open do nothing: display comes to Please Wait... and then reboots.

Removing fuser: no difference.

POST LED's on the controller all appear normal from the manuals's SC 672 troubleshooting section.

Unplugging the op panel USB from the IPU allows the motors to engage but of course no way to interact with the machine.

I'm leaning towards it being something with the op panel software so I'm going to try reloading through the recovery method.

Any tricks or tips to share?

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

If the OP panel software update does not help, try the OP panel cable. Not too expensive and not too hard to replace.
    Good luck.