Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP 6055 Advice

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

MP 6055 Advice

I'm taking over a customer with several of these boxes. I haven't had the chance to see the machines in person, but from the site survey they provided, there hasn't been a major issue for some time. I'll be onsite this upcoming week, but want to ping the community for any hints beforehand.

Since I haven't had any of them before, anything to look out for? Any field mods to make them run better? How reliable are they? Same way into SP mode as the 53 and 54 series?

I've got the current firmware, bulletins, and manuals.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: MP 6055 Advice

They are pretty much exactly the same apart from the fusing sleeve. Fit the printer PCU though, it's cheaper.

Well, my first impression has been we're walking into a disaster. After looking at the rest of the environment, I take a look at the 6055 in the main building and it's boot looping. It gets to the Please Wait screen sits there for a few minutes then looks to start loading the menus and then starts booting again. Never throws a visible SC and the motors and drums only start when first powering on and then everything goes quiet.

I tried pulling the drive, bridge unit and finisher, fax, and powering up the machine: no change at all. I haven't tried pulling the fuser or any internal components. I had to work around the painters and other people refurbing the office so I wasn't able to completely try re-seating all of the connections on the boards. Anything else to look for before giving Hytec a shout and going down the board replacement route?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Well, my first impression has been we're walking into a disaster. After looking at the rest of the environment, I take a look at the 6055 in the main building and it's boot looping. It gets to the Please Wait screen sits there for a few minutes then looks to start loading the menus and then starts booting again. Never throws a visible SC and the motors and drums only start when first powering on and then everything goes quiet.

I tried pulling the drive, bridge unit and finisher, fax, and powering up the machine: no change at all. I haven't tried pulling the fuser or any internal components. I had to work around the painters and other people refurbing the office so I wasn't able to completely try re-seating all of the connections on the boards. Anything else to look for before giving Hytec a shout and going down the board replacement route?

it could have been moved by the workers, disconnecting the plug, or even some work was done that implied the absence, and the return of the power, repeated times, and maybe the machine was on, you can try with an SD with only firmware "system copy " in "romdata" folder, when the blue screen that says please wait appears, press" reset "1 - 4- 3 - C (x3 times) and keep press" C "the last time .... if you're lucky, are you doing this?
    p.s. it should be the right sequence, I haven't done it for a while, but maybe there is someone who remembers me better, the sequence....after or first, try to format hdd, on other device, and then re put on 6055
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Technician

These Machines are pretty Solid, disconnect the HDD and reboot it, if it comes into ready mode, you have a bad drive, just replace it.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

That sounds Android board-y to me. If you get a chance flatten it, update the Cheetah firmware and reload the apps, see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio119 View Post
    These Machines are pretty Solid, disconnect the HDD and reboot it, if it comes into ready mode, you have a bad drive, just replace it.
    Removed all of the accessories, including the drive when testing.

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    it should be the right sequence, I haven't done it for a while, but maybe there is someone who remembers me better, the sequence
    This is a full touch display: it doesn't have the keypad to the right of the op panel. In looking today, my copy of the firmware was fairly old. Going to pull the latest and try when I'm back there for some PC issues in a few days.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

This is a full touch display: it doesn't have the keypad to the right of the op panel. In looking today, my copy of the firmware was fairly old. Going to pull the latest and try when I'm back there for some PC issues in a few days.

yes, I got it, you have to press and hold "check status" and something else, to make the keyboard come out, not Is a solit procedure "check status & Key 3 behind the laterale cover that we all know now I'm at home, tomorrow morning in the lab I check if I wrote it somewhere, he made me do it the ricoh on the phone ... for the system copy, it does nothing if it is old, it just has to overwrite the corrupted version.
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 6055 Advice

One thing I have encountered in the past is a short in a motor causing in to loop when engine startup tries to start that motor. Try powering on with the front door open. This will prevent engine start from turning on any motors.