Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Re: MP c306 with an SC819 error

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Latest Cheetah revision I can see on Octopus is 1.47, I can send that to you if you'd like. Powersave firmware can be a good cause for 819 too, it's not included in the package.
    OK the Cheetah if I have it, I thought it would be a specific firmware and that it would be called "SOP" or something like that, in the firmware list... xD (dumb me)
    Even so, I understand that I must do it from the SOP directly, it does not load like a conventional firmware. Or if you can?

But it is not clear to me, how to proceed to access the SOP recovery system.

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech
    I've been suspecting that some of the machines are auto updating with the wrong firmware, but I can't prove it. Have you see this happening?
    Yes, in fact it is being something recurrent in the forum when some machine is updated remotely.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Sorry guys, I really dropped the ball on this thread. After replacing the hdd, SC819 came back a few days later. We were kicking this can around at work for a while and someone suggested to go into the android service mode and do a factory reset on the android system. I did that and reloaded previous firmware modules and haven't been back since. Going on 5 months now (probably jinxed myself though) That really was an odd one.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    Sorry guys, I really dropped the ball on this thread. After replacing the hdd, SC819 came back a few days later. We were kicking this can around at work for a while and someone suggested to go into the android service mode and do a factory reset on the android system. I did that and reloaded previous firmware modules and haven't been back since. Going on 5 months now (probably jinxed myself though) That really was an odd one.
    Companion, you can help me understand how to access the RECOVERY Mode of the SOP. I do not know which buttons to hold down in the access process.
    I know that there is a PDF of a colleague (I read it), but it does not make it clear to me which buttons to press (those on the side of the SOP, obviously) but not which of them in particular, during the start of the machine.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Set the panel to normal startup mode, or switch it off, unplug it, then hit the power button again to discharge it. Press and hold EX1 and EX3 on the side of the panel. Hit the power button. When the screen shows the blue horizon screen, switch to holding EX1 and EX2. That will let you into recovery mode.

To save all this hassle just put a package on it, that contains the Cheetah firmware.

MP c306 with an SC819 error

in the service manual :

Debug logs are not saved in the following conditions:
     While erasing all memory
     While data encryption equipment is installed
     While changing the firmware configuration
     Forced power OFF (accidentally disconnecting the outlet)
     Engine debug log in shutdown
     When the power supply to the HDD is off because of energy saving (engine OFF mode
    /STR mode)
     When one of the following SC occurs: SC672, SC816, SC819, SC878, SC899, SC859,
    SC860, SC861, SC863, or SC864

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Set the panel to normal startup mode, or switch it off, unplug it, then hit the power button again to discharge it. Press and hold EX1 and EX3 on the side of the panel. Hit the power button. When the screen shows the blue horizon screen, switch to holding EX1 and EX2. That will let you into recovery mode.

To save all this hassle just put a package on it, that contains the Cheetah firmware.

Normally, I would totally agree with this. I did try this. In my case (probably special) it didn't work. I did the factory reset, put in older versions of the firmware modules. Things were working so I ran like the wind. Knock on wood, haven't been called back to it.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP c306 with an SC819 error

I updated the firmware on a c307 using the PKG yesterday, and it popped a sc819, along with "legacy UI failed to load" and "reload animation firmware" indications. I loaded just the animation, and it is working fine now. Weird. Apparently corrupt animation firmware can cause an sc819 also.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Thanks for the clarification.
    There are times when these machines make me think that they have a life of their own and look for a way to rebel, whatever it is xD.

Technician

There is a notice on the TSRC about SC819. If the Toner Gauge app is installed, then you need to uninstall it. Go into the SOP system settings by doing Reset-> 806182-> #-> # -> hold Clear for about 5 seconds. Then tap on Apps-> Uninstall then look for Toner Gauge. then restart.

If the machine has the Toner GAUGE installed on it, (the one with the little padlocks that always says ERROR or has a ? where a color should be) you will get this. Even if you're using the supply info widget on the screen and not the gauge. Uninstall the toner GAUGE from the op panel service mode, or if it was downloaded from the Application Site, go on to the App site and uninstall the toner gauge from there. Go to the Op panel service mode (Reset-8-0-6-1-8-2-#-#-C) and make sure you don't see anything with the word GAUGE in the list, and you'll be good. Ricoh has removed the gauge from its websites and says it's working on a fix. They haven't gotten it right in the few swings they've taken yet, so it's best to avoid any future versions also. Any machines with a smart op panel are susceptible to this.