Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

MP c306 with an SC819 error

This is an odd account. It is in a VP's office only because she is a VP. Monthly average is 100 pages, mostly copies. This machine is on 24/7/365. It will go into SC819 while it is doing nothing. No printing, copying, nothing. VP will power cycle and it's good to go for her 1 copy or print. Don't tell me to have her turn it on when she needs it, that won't fly.

Anyway, have updated firmware, replaced hdd with a used hdd. (Both tested good with SMART and hdd diagnostics, in fact original hdd got put into another copier and works fine), reseated ram and controller connections. I have set 5191 off, 5730 java off, 5305 off.

Stupid thing is it has been in this office for probably 3 years, has done about 3k. Previously it was in an office that did about 12k/yr for 2 years. Total is 27k. Only started acting up about a year ago. But it is progressing to be more frequent.

I'm leaning to shotgun it, first another hdd, then ram, then controller.

Am I missing anything?
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: MP c306 with an SC819 error

Have you gone into SP mode and looked at the SC histo00ry to see what the detail is on the error? It will be a 4 digit code. It will identify exactly what caused the kernel to fail. For example the HDD would be 6261

will do. thanks.

At account now . Sc819 init died (signal 0 is all I get.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Did you update the SOP as well as the machine firmware? The SOP ver 1.22.2 has a fix for SC819.

One other thought is to raise the heap and stack.

If those don't I'd try hdd, ram, nvram, then controller.

Interesting outcome today. Last resort I called mother Ricoh. First words out of support was replace the hard drive. But the hard drive SMART shows it to be good yet. He said doesn't matter, this model eats hard drives for breakfast, an SC819 is always the hdd on these.

At the point when he called back I had the back and side covers off reseating connections. After I got done with him, I reconnected everything and powered it up with original hdd. Screen showed user tools and nothing else like it was locked up. So I took his advice, replaced the hdd and it booted normally. Now to see if SC819 stays away.

BTW on this model, ram is soldered into the controller, so nothing to reseat there.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Did you update the SOP as well as the machine firmware? The SOP ver 1.22.2 has a fix for SC819.

One other thought is to raise the heap and stack.

If those don't I'd try hdd, ram, nvram, then controller.
    I didn't want to resurrect the thread unnecessarily.

Do you have access to SOP firmware 1.22? In Octopus, I do not get any update regarding the Operation Panel, and solve a case that I had with the "famous" SC819, you would be so kind to pass it to me, please.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Latest Cheetah revision I can see on Octopus is 1.47, I can send that to you if you'd like. Powersave firmware can be a good cause for 819 too, it's not included in the package.

I have had a lot of SC819 codes caused by power save. update firmware to latest, firmware all does not always have what is needed. go into the apps on SOP and go to application site, admin menu, managed items,application list and uninstall toner widget if there, it messes with the powersave. turn off settings in newly arrived updates and auto update so your machine does'nt ypdate with wrong firmware.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gary k View Post
    I have had a lot of SC819 codes caused by power save. update firmware to latest, firmware all does not always have what is needed. go into the apps on SOP and go to application site, admin menu, managed items,application list and uninstall toner widget if there, it messes with the powersave. turn off settings in newly arrived updates and auto update so your machine does'nt ypdate with wrong firmware.
    I've been suspecting that some of the machines are auto updating with the wrong firmware, but I can't prove it. Have you see this happening?