Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts RebelPhoenix's Avatar

Angry Ricoh MP 1350 Paper Jam

Hello dear,

I have a Ricoh MP 1350 and SR5000. This machine has a paper jamming problem. I setup this machine After 50-100 k I show the paper jam problem. So this problem has all paper casette. And paper not jamming in the machine. Paper is jamming between the paper feed roller and seperation roller. After I changing the all paper casette all rollers. After Machine is run 50-100k after repeat this problem. I'm changing all casettes torque limiter but problem is same. I'm changing the paper feed unit all casette problem is same. I'm changing the paper I try ten brand paper but problem is same.

I don't think this problem be based on firmware. Because all people and all machines use this firmware.

Good Work and I'm waiting your reply.

Technician
    I am fighting the same issues on multiple MP 9000's. I have done most of the same things, but I have also adjusted the separation pressure and that seems to be making a differance. Remove the feed unit in question and move the small sep gear ( the one with the small allen wrench set screw ) all the way to the right. I am still in the testing stages so let me know if this helps.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 1350 Paper Jam

You can also try using the old style natural rubber feed rollers - some paper type / environmental conditions don't like the new blue rollers (I call 'em Gummy Bears)

The new rollers last a lot longer, but it's gotta work before it can work longer. Expect to replace these every 100-200k
    AF030050 Pickup
    AF031050 (D1-3) and AF031051 (D4-6) Feed
    AF032050 Sep

BTW I have 4 MP1350 / Pro1356 machines running over 500k on a set of stock rollers and no jamming problems. Could your problems be high/low humidity or paper?
    73 DE W5SSJ

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    I've heard of a few engineers who have had to replace the torque limiters on these, they've failed after 50-100k. Might be worth a try!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PinevskiS's Avatar

RICOH 1356 ex

HI
    I have this problem whit mp pro 1356ex and I find the problem.you must print SMC report.See in SC histori if there have a SC 670 you have a problem whit power current machine don't work on 220W.I change feed roller's ,clean all sensors and change a small bearing on feed stations and nothing.Check in SMC this code

I have a Ricoh MP 1350 and SR5000. This machine has a paper jamming problem. I setup this machine After 50-100 k I show the paper jam problem. So this problem has all paper casette. And paper not jamming in the machine. Paper is jamming between the paper feed roller and seperation roller. After I changing the all paper casette all rollers. After Machine is run 50-100k after repeat this problem. I'm changing all casettes torque limiter but problem is same. I'm changing the paper feed unit all casette problem is same. I'm changing the paper I try ten brand paper but problem is same.

I don't think this problem be based on firmware. Because all people and all machines use this firmware.

Good Work and I'm waiting your reply.[/QUOTE]

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Is the problem the same with an other papersize? (read other timing)

I had the same problem, but it only jammed at the second sheet of A4 paper no problems at A3.
    After cleaning the registration sensor (very dusty) the problem was gone.

At the older models you could change the feed timing (sp 1907) haven't test it at the mp1350. (sp might be gone)

In the past there were some problems with te original paperfeed rollers, instead of replacing you can clean them with water.
    Also te first torquelimitters had a lot of problems. They internally broke, no friction at all so you get multifeed.

Good luck