Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

IMC300 shuts down automatic

Hi,

Got this weard problem at a customer
    An IMC300 shuts complete off on its self at random times . .?!!

customer has to set it on to get it worked.

Never seen this, there's is no timer to shut this machine complete off is there ?
    Also an MPC2504 has the same problem . .

anyone a clue here?

thanks in advance

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: IMC300 shuts down automatic

There's indeed a setting for switching off the machine with some sort of schedule week-timer. Not shure if the machine is even able to "learn" the office times like Konica Minolta can do (badly^^).

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

But random?
    sometimes it runs for weeks without any problems, and then suddenly it shuts off . . . also the MPC2504 which is standing near the IMC300

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    There's indeed a setting for switching off the machine with some sort of schedule week-timer. Not shure if the machine is even able to "learn" the office times like Konica Minolta can do (badly^^).

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

As a South African with our struggling electrical grid I immediately start thinking electricity supply issue if both of them do it. Especially if they seem to do it at the same time. If possible stick a power manager like an inovolt unit on there for a while to monitor the the power. Other than that I have no idea

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBest View Post
    But random?
    sometimes it runs for weeks without any problems, and then suddenly it shuts off . . . also the MPC2504 which is standing near the IMC300
    OK random seems odd, same is the fact that it works for weeks sometimes - still it won't hurt to check all power saving related settings - you can try and connect the power of MFP to another room that isn't covered by the same fuse in the breaker box with a cable reel. Usually the customer should experience some trouble with the computers, too if the power isn't stable (unless they use laptops thanks to the batteries).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Definitely check the electrical. Years ago I had a machine that would jam or throw code very randomly. Sometimes it would go 6 weeks with no problems. Other times it would go a couple of days. Always worked while I was there. Finally after a few months, I went there and had the customer hand me a stack of things to be copied. Over a 1,000 pages. Machine ran flawlessly unit I was packing up and it started copying by itself. The machine was the only thing in this room. Electrician traced the outlet and found out it was tied into another room with a pop machine and a fridge. Isolated the outlet and the problems went away.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Random like possibly a disgruntled employee hitting the power button. Put a security camera where it can monitor the IM C300.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Powered the machine to another room . . . for the check. (and of course another electricity group)

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    OK random seems odd, same is the fact that it works for weeks sometimes - still it won't hurt to check all power saving related settings - you can try and connect the power of MFP to another room that isn't covered by the same fuse in the breaker box with a cable reel. Usually the customer should experience some trouble with the computers, too if the power isn't stable (unless they use laptops thanks to the batteries).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Is there a line filter connected . If so possibly line voltage is dropping below threshold set on line filter.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

For the sake of scruple, check the history of errors sc and in any case do the update of the fw.