Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

IM 350 mono mfd Error: SC332-00

error relates to TONER END DETECTION ERROR

1. machine is new. Customer has done 883 pages. serv man states try new pcdu and toner. remove toner supply level sensor and toner supply clutch and reseat. DONE
    2. 2nd visit. put new drum and toner in still does sc332-00. noticed the check status- clicked machine it says loading toner then does the sc code
    3. my next step i wanted to order that toner supply sensor and toner supply clutch but thought id give Ricoh Technical a call
    4. He sent me 2 RTBs 1st one i read went on about changing springs in the Drum unit you can get modified one's. this was pointless. I have tried a new drum. 2nd RTB swap over the toner chip reader tag with drum reader tag (they are the same) but thought whats the point. when i have had them go its not toner cart detected or no drum detected. But, i did what he asked and swapped them. Still sc332-00
    5. I found the toner supply level sensor test in MODE which you can select off or on. fooled door sensor to see if by putting it to On the led in left side wall for this sensor, nothing happens. then i figured out with the drum in the copier, the toner level panel app shows its level (about 50%) take out the drum. level shows 0. so that must be working.
    6. I have ordered the Toner Supply Clutch CL2 and WILL UPDATE (there is no test for this in MODE but im can see toner full up at the open shutter on the toner cart and the open shutter on the drum side is rammed full. im presuming if this clutch is down no toner is going anywhere.

Ben

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Re: IM 350 mono mfd Error: SC332-00

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Ben View Post
    error relates to TONER END DETECTION ERROR

1. machine is new. Customer has done 883 pages. serv man states try new pcdu and toner. remove toner supply level sensor and toner supply clutch and reseat. DONE
    2. 2nd visit. put new drum and toner in still does sc332-00. noticed the check status- clicked machine it says loading toner then does the sc code
    3. my next step i wanted to order that toner supply sensor and toner supply clutch but thought id give Ricoh Technical a call
    4. He sent me 2 RTBs 1st one i read went on about changing springs in the Drum unit you can get modified one's. this was pointless. I have tried a new drum. 2nd RTB swap over the toner chip reader tag with drum reader tag (they are the same) but thought whats the point. when i have had them go its not toner cart detected or no drum detected. But, i did what he asked and swapped them. Still sc332-00
    5. I found the toner supply level sensor test in MODE which you can select off or on. fooled door sensor to see if by putting it to On the led in left side wall for this sensor, nothing happens. then i figured out with the drum in the copier, the toner level panel app shows its level (about 50%) take out the drum. level shows 0. so that must be working.
    6. I have ordered the Toner Supply Clutch CL2 and WILL UPDATE (there is no test for this in MODE but im can see toner full up at the open shutter on the toner cart and the open shutter on the drum side is rammed full. im presuming if this clutch is down no toner is going anywhere.

Ben
    Hi Ben.
    I do not think it can help you much, but you should pass report this incident to Ricoh directly, because if it is new, the most appropriate thing is that you process with them through the technical attention portal. (I don't know what it will be called in your country, here is RICESS)
    From the headquarters in your country, if they do not see the incidence clearly and cannot solve the problem or give you a logical answer, they escalate it to Ricoh Japan (central) for them to review.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Check the toner and PCDU connectors. They may be bent, deformed. There is a tech pub about add toner message too.
    Good luck.

Did you ever find the solution to this problem????

Technician

there is TSB for MP 402 (TSB13) - which has similar type of PCU+toner cartridge mechanism, this error happens when toner is not loading/dropping in Dev unit. When locking toner cartridge, is should open the spring loaded shutter, have seen many times on MP 402, cartridge does not locked in correctly and opening that spring loaded shutter, Normally you can replace new PCU and toner, however I've tried removing that spring and slide the toner inlet to open position so when toner cartridge set in, toner can easily drop down to dev unit.