Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C2503 - E61 Cannot use this function

Re: Ricoh MP C2503 - E61 Cannot use this function

Here is a link to the Ricoh approved SD card formatter. Maybe it will help. Sounds like you may have the wrong firmware. E61-
    The module ID for the package firmware
    update is incorrect

SD Memory Card Formatter for Windows Download | SD Association
    Last edited by mikadonovan; 04-29-2022 at 04:17 PM.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    Version 03 should not have the smart panel that I have seen from 04 onwards ...
    SOP was installed as an optional feature on these if memory serves...(?)

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    E61-
    update is incorrect
    I think you're right Mika!
    I missed that.
    While I don't have access to TSRC to look up stuff.
    I do have the PKG F/W for that model and just checked it. Mine is D1775583

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    Version 03 should not have the smart panel that I have seen from 04 onwards ...
    The SOP was an option for both the 03 color models and the 54 B/W models. It was not yet ready for release when the initial 03 color models were first released so the installation procedures were not included in the service manual. A separate installation manual was issued for the SOP, rfg059499 on rfg-esource. That manual has been updated at least twice due to errors in the procedure. The installations for the 03 color models is also in the service manual for the C2003/C2503. With the first SOP that I installed I has to call tech support due to the differences between the D148 manual and the D178 manual, D178 manual I had did not mention firmware. From what I remember, there are a couple of firmware modules that have to be at a certain level first before the Package firmware can be installed, though since you are working on a C2503 it should be at the correct level.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I think you're right Mika!
    I missed that.
    While I don't have access to TSRC to look up stuff.
    I do have the PKG F/W for that model and just checked it. Mine is D1775583
    I wonder if the D1765582T he mentioned is actually for the normal panel? I too no longer have access to TSRC so can't check.

Technician

Talking Re: Ricoh MP C2503 - E61 Cannot use this function

Here is a link to the Ricoh approved SD card formatter. Maybe it will help. Sounds like you may have the wrong firmware. E61-
    update is incorrect

SD Memory Card Formatter for Windows Download | SD Association
    Thanks for all this info!!! I'm very grateful Where did you find this error code? I tried to look at service manual but I had no sucess.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I wonder if the D1765582T he mentioned is actually for the normal panel? I too no longer have access to TSRC so can't check.
    Hey,

D1765582T is for Smart Operation Panel. Should I try using Normal Operation Panel firmware instead?

Just to clarify, I'm using D176/D177 SOP files, which are the same for MP C2003.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rework View Post
    Thanks for all this info!!! I'm very grateful Where did you find this error code? I tried to look at service manual but I had no sucess.

Hey,

D1765582T is for Smart Operation Panel. Should I try using Normal Operation Panel firmware instead?

Just to clarify, I'm using D176/D177 SOP files, which are the same for MP C2003.
    Try using rfg-esource instead of TSRC for firmware downloads. Also download and read the Firmware history file. It will have the correct file names.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Those codes are listed at the end of the firmware update procedures. I looked it up in a c4504 manual. BTW, DO NOT load NOP firmware onto a SOP equipped machine. Pretty sure bad things would happen.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician

Those codes are listed at the end of the firmware update procedures. I looked it up in a c4504 manual. BTW, DO NOT load NOP firmware onto a SOP equipped machine. Pretty sure bad things would happen.
    Understood. About the SD Card Formatter, this tool formats to FAT16. It will work as usual for everything? (Android panel update, Java update, firmwares in general)? Someone once told me that FAT32 is mandatory for some firmware updates.

Try using rfg-esource instead of TSRC for firmware downloads. Also download and read the Firmware history file. It will have the correct file names.
    Ok, thank you very much
    Last edited by Rework; 04-29-2022 at 08:15 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

The SOP was an option for both the 03 color models and the 54 B/W models. It was not yet ready for release when the initial 03 color models were first released so the installation procedures were not included in the service manual. A separate installation manual was issued for the SOP, rfg059499 on rfg-esource. That manual has been updated at least twice due to errors in the procedure. The installations for the 03 color models is also in the service manual for the C2003/C2503. With the first SOP that I installed I has to call tech support due to the differences between the D148 manual and the D178 manual, D178 manual I had did not mention firmware. From what I remember, there are a couple of firmware modules that have to be at a certain level first before the Package firmware can be installed, though since you are working on a C2503 it should be at the correct level.
    Aahh YES! It's coming back to me...We installed several of those for a little while. Ricoh had gotten one or two of the procedures out of order. What a cluster fuck it was the first time or two until we figured it out on our own. There were several Service Mode settings and special firmware. Not too bad once we knew how it was SUPPOSED to be done.