Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: worn pc(d)u's - waste procedure

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Maybe you do but most of us are not idiots.
    you reminded me of a funny episode, of years ago, in another company, where I worked, I put the exhausted pcdu in a closet, waiting to be disposed of.
    once the boss opened the door, and it was full of pcdu type 1027 more than anything else, and he said to me: "what is this stuff?" and I "are pcdu used", and he, "next time, when you leave the customer, you can not throw it in the bin outside the subway?" obviously he was joking ... LOL
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Hoi,
    Here in Belgium it seems that the pc(d)u's are no longer described as hazardous waste.
    That means that it can't be offered - for free - at the waste recycling center anymore.
    It seems that it is described as domestic waste and needs to be offered that way.
    I think it is than useful to dismantle the pc(d)u and sort out the waste from the recycle parts like metal and developer (toxic).
    Is this procedure in your country the same?
    By the way, Ricoh is collecting empty toners, but no worn pc(d)u's; maybe that is because there heavy and therefor to expensive to collect and transport?
    ciao, we, here in Milano, (I don't know if this is the case in all of Italy?) when we reach 10 machines to throw away, and 100kg of toner, Ricoh Italy sends us a truck to collect everything, for free, both situations must be satisfied, that is 10 machines, and 100kg of toner.the spare parts and pcdu go together in boxes, while the toners and waste toner bottle separately in another box.

let's say that ... the 10 machines, we reach them quite easily, but the 100kg of waste toner are a bit of a problem, as you can imagine ... but we ignore it, and we call them anyway

1a.jpg 1b.jpg
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts emiliorsg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    Here in The U S of A, we just throw everything away! Into the lakes and rivers... out onto the streets and alleys... or burn them into the air we all breathe, because, well, we are Americans.
    I imagine that as in all places there will be people who will do everything. There are dirty people all over the world, even here in the "third world" we try to do things right. I also say that my impression of the USA and Americans has always been very good, even when I have been there.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts emiliorsg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    ciao, we, here in Milano, (I don't know if this is the case in all of Italy?) when we reach 10 machines to throw away, and 100kg of toner, Ricoh Italy sends us a truck to collect everything, for free, both situations must be satisfied, that is 10 machines, and 100kg of toner.the spare parts and pcdu go together in boxes, while the toners and waste toner bottle separately in another box.

let's say that ... the 10 machines, we reach them quite easily, but the 100kg of waste toner are a bit of a problem, as you can imagine ... but we ignore it, and we call them anyway

1a.jpg 1b.jpg
    Here in the machines they also ask us for a minimum of 1000kg and the toner, pcu, etc. We have a container that picks us up when it is full.

Here in The U S of A, we just throw everything away! Into the lakes and rivers... out onto the streets and alleys... or burn them into the air we all breathe, because, well, we are Americans.
    I know that you are sarcastic and that you want to make point. I know that you are right. A lot of people do like this..in whole world.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Gentlemen,
    Meanwhile Ovam (the government department for waste here in Belgium) has informed us concerning pc(d)u's:
    'Er is een onderscheid tussen afgedankte goederen met een elektronische component en deze zonder. Deze met chip vallen onder het AEEA en hiervoor geldt de aanvaardingsplicht op het containerpark'
    So, parts with a build-in chip can be offered at the recycle park for free.
    A developerbox contains a TD sensor.
    A pcu used to have an ID sensor, but not anymore these days.
    So, no electronic part on a pcu, I think?
    I'm glad for you that Ricoh come to collect the worn parts.
    We will interpelle Ricoh Belgium!
    Thanks for all your input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    worn pc(d)u's - waste procedure

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hijack this thread, so to speak, but it's somewhat relevant to what I have to say. I am currently writing an assignment on how such waste is disposed of. I have compiled a short survey, it's anonymous, you don't need to leave any personal information like your name or an email address.

I would appreciate if you could spare 2 or 3 minutes of your time to fill it out.

Thanks a lot.

Here is the link to the form: Digital printing waste disposal survey

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by orestesp View Post
    Hi everyone,

Sorry to hijack this thread, so to speak, but it's somewhat relevant to what I have to say. I am currently writing an assignment on how such waste is disposed of. I have compiled a short survey, it's anonymous, you don't need to leave any personal information like your name or an email address.

I would appreciate if you could spare 2 or 3 minutes of your time to fill it out.

Thanks a lot.

Done. Good luck with your assignment!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    worn pc(d)u's - waste procedure

Done. Good luck with your assignment!
    Thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orestesp View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot.

And how do you dispose the pc(d)u in Greece?