Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: IMC2000 light blacks

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Well, it was a strange one.

First thing I did was check the K PCU - was 2,5K away of reaching EOL, but not bad looking. The PCDU back plate was also present, and the toner was OEM.

Then I updated the firmware, clean the ID sensors, run all process control SPs and calibrate colors.

When I printed the counter, it had a glorious pitch-black triangle. I was happy.

Then, as the PCU was almost reaching 60k, I replaced it, taking care to input the SP data on the cheat sheet and resetting the counter, turning off the machine and then turning it on after replacement.

And the printouts were gray again! Come on!!!

After that, try as I might, I couldn't make them pitch black again, even after force feeding k toner. I tried all the hints about changing SP3201 and reinitializing the TD sensors, but no dice. In the end the only thing that made things marginally better was increasing SP-3620-01, but even that didn't make the prints as good as the first time.

In the end I had to leave it as it was (it was better than when I began after all) but I suspect image transfer.

I need to dig around, but if someone can think of something, I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers!
    LOL - it's strange that you got it to print a pitch black triangle - it should be somewhat black-ish but not too dark because this series will never keep this density over time and you will end up in discussions with the customer. The current state (better than before but not perfect) sounds like a more realistic state what this engline is able to maintain.....for some time^^

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Assuming that machine is not standing in a dusty environment and that the ID sensors are clean, it could be that the A3 counter is set to A4?
    Perhaps they use thick paper without indicating it so creating al kind of problems? Perhaps the black bias roller on the ITB belt is not ok?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    IMC2000 light blacks

First thing I did was check the K PCU - was 2,5K away of reaching EOL, but not bad looking. The PCDU back plate was also present, and the toner was OEM.

Then I updated the firmware, clean the ID sensors, run all process control SPs and calibrate colors.

When I printed the counter, it had a glorious pitch-black triangle. I was happy.

Then, as the PCU was almost reaching 60k, I replaced it, taking care to input the SP data on the cheat sheet and resetting the counter, turning off the machine and then turning it on after replacement.

After that, try as I might, I couldn't make them pitch black again, even after force feeding k toner. I tried all the hints about changing SP3201 and reinitializing the TD sensors, but no dice. In the end the only thing that made things marginally better was increasing SP-3620-01, but even that didn't make the prints as good as the first time.

In the end I had to leave it as it was (it was better than when I began after all) but I suspect image transfer.

I need to dig around, but if someone can think of something, I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers!
    You may have a failing K hopper this may explain why after replacing the K PCDU quality was initially OK.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    IMC2000 light blacks

Cheers!
    Therein might be an indication of where the problem is "Then, as the PCU was almost reaching 60k, I replaced it, taking care to input the SP data on the cheat sheet and resetting the counter, turning off the machine and then turning it on after replacement." Do you know what a machine immediately after power on, it runs the white reference scan. If the optics, mirrors etc., are not clean it will shift the entire gray scale to the light side. If the counter print is good but copying it is light, you have filmed mirrors.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    IMC2000 light blacks

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    LOL - it's strange that you got it to print a pitch black triangle - it should be somewhat black-ish but not too dark because this series will never keep this density over time and you will end up in discussions with the customer. The current state (better than before but not perfect) sounds like a more realistic state what this engline is able to maintain.....for some time^^
    Yeah, I need to check another similar machine when I get the chance in order to get an idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Assuming that machine is not standing in a dusty environment and that the ID sensors are clean, it could be that the A3 counter is set to A4? Perhaps they use thick paper without indicating it so creating al kind of problems? Perhaps the black bias roller on the ITB belt is not ok?
    Office environment. ID sensors cleaned, and the cloth didn't come out dirty, so I assume they were not too dirty before (perhaps fogged, but not dirty). The ITB is a possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    You may have a failing K hopper this may explain why after replacing the K PCDU quality was initially OK.
    Nope, just replaced the PCU. The dev unit is still well within life.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Therein might be an indication of where the problem is "Then, as the PCU was almost reaching 60k, I replaced it, taking care to input the SP data on the cheat sheet and resetting the counter, turning off the machine and then turning it on after replacement." Do you know what a machine immediately after power on, it runs the white reference scan. If the optics, mirrors etc., are not clean it will shift the entire gray scale to the light side. If the counter print is good but copying it is light, you have filmed mirrors.
    My bad, failed to mention I also cleaned the optics in that first intervention. And all tests were made with printouts from the computer.

Thank you all for your inputs. If anything new comes up, I'll let you know.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

In the experience I have with the MP C2xx4 and IM C2xxx series, (None with wax lubrication system) they usually have a rather disappointing mass quality despite the adjustments and changes of image units.
    These ranges are not recommended (in the company) for clients who are dedicated to design printing, or similar work, it is a continuous fight with this issue.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

IMC2000 light blacks

Well, I'm back.

This is what I'm chasing:

IMG_20220511_113514.jpg

Notice the black gradation relative to the other colours.

Checked the ITB contacts, now going to try with a new ITB.
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Well, I'm back.

This is what I'm chasing:

IMG_20220511_113514.jpg

Notice the black gradation relative to the other colours.

Checked the ITB contacts, now going to try with a new ITB.
    Is the image ok on the ITB?

IMC2000 light blacks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Is the image ok on the ITB?
    No

IMG_20220511_122246.jpg

Cleaning laser and new ITB didn't make any difference.

I want to avoid force feeding k toner, because then I will have no idea if the problem is solved or not. I intend to solve it so the machine will adjust itself to the proper levels (assuming it's a lack of k toner).
    Mascan42

Ibid

IMC2000 light blacks

Just noticed the rear id sensor is erroring out. Going to check it.
    Mascan42

Ibid