Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Ricoh Feature???

Over in the KM forum, there is a poster saying that his old Ricohs would reprint any job that may have been stopped due to a power outage.." job is sent, for some reason the power must be cycled, at reboot any jobs that had spooled to the device reprint". This is in a Citrix environment so making changes to the driver (not using a Windows driver) does not seem to be an option..My real question is..Do Ricohs save print data in RAM that can be reprinted after a power cycle?..TIA E

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Feature???

Re: Ricoh Feature???

AFAIK, no MFP saves print data after power off, especially pass-through print data. The ONLY time print data tries again is if the error or power-off occurred BEFORE the print job is sent through a print driver. The print queue will continue to attempt to resend until the MFP connects again and accepts the data.

I expect that you were thinking the same thing. I was thinking it too. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Yeah..I'm calling BS on that post..I think there's more to it then he's saying..Maybe he doesn't know..E

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Feature???

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Over in the KM forum, there is a poster saying that his old Ricohs would reprint any job that may have been stopped due to a power outage.." job is sent, for some reason the power must be cycled, at reboot any jobs that had spooled to the device reprint". This is in a Citrix environment so making changes to the driver (not using a Windows driver) does not seem to be an option..My real question is..Do Ricohs save print data in RAM that can be reprinted after a power cycle?..TIA E
    That is only true if the job has not finished spooling. It can also happen when a door is opened while a job is still spooling or a flaky door switch makes the machine think that a door was opened.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

The only way it could happen that it would continue to print after recovery from a power failure would be if the job never left the client workstation or the print server. It's no different than when a machine is powered off for service and then once it's powered back on all of the jobs sitting in the queue start spitting out.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ricoh Feature???

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    This is interesting as I am not that aware of the CITRIX environment but had few clients using it.
    The window print command ideally works and tries to print to the X device but after trying for x period it sends into error and the spooled data is discarded.The only way I see it happening in CITRIX environment could be that the Spooler ( print command) is not programmed to discard it when the device goes in to error and queues the job again when the device is powered up after X time.I have seen it happening in customized batch file printing.
    I am not sure about it but this could happen for sure as the device's process is overruled by the print command.