Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Question Anyone know if the Fusor's Nip Pad has a part reference?

I have a doubt, about a specific part of the Fusion System of the series 03 and 04 (and in general of all those who carry the fusing sleeve).
    I remember reading, that the "Nip Pad" received a modification and that the nylon fabric had been changed (the interlaced) and I am curious if anyone knows if there is reference to that part.
    Does anyone sound like you saw it in a newsletter? I know I didn't imagine it, but now I can't find that newsletter and I think that if a piece code came.
    Nip_Pad_Fuser.jpg
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Anyone know if the Fusor's Nip Pad has a part reference?

Re: Anyone know if the Fusor's Nip Pad has a part reference?

There was a bulletin for the '02 series where the pad design was changed to increase the longevity of the sleeve.

Sleeve part number for C4502/C5502 went from D1444045 to D1444032.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Anyone know if the Fusor's Nip Pad has a part reference?

To my knowledge Ricoh does not make internal parts of the fusing sleeve available. If you have ever had a junior tech who doesn't know what the country codes in the PC are for and orders the wrong voltage sleeve you might understand why. Three days waiting for the sleeve, over an hour drive to the customer. Since it is in the afternoon when the part arrives at the office I get sent out to replace the sleeve. After replacement get a warm up error. Found out that it was a sleeve for 220V and I was on a 110V system. Had to swap the lamps to get it operational. Got home after 7 PM that night.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    To my knowledge Ricoh does not make internal parts of the fusing sleeve available. If you have ever had a junior tech who doesn't know what the country codes in the PC are for and orders the wrong voltage sleeve you might understand why. Three days waiting for the sleeve, over an hour drive to the customer. Since it is in the afternoon when the part arrives at the office I get sent out to replace the sleeve. After replacement get a warm up error. Found out that it was a sleeve for 220V and I was on a 110V system. Had to swap the lamps to get it operational. Got home after 7 PM that night.
    for me it was the same last year, my boss ordered a 110 sleeve, and we have 220v here, swap the lamps is not easy.
    Memento Audere Semper

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan
    There was a bulletin for the '02 series where the pad design was changed to increase the longevity of the sleeve.
    Sleeve part number for C4502/C5502 went from D1444045 to D1444032.
    Maybe it was that newsletter that I saw back in the day... Although I do not know why, he remembered that the reference, made mention of the Nip Pad, not to the whole of the Fusion Sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob
    I know what you're talking about. Those silly confusions that make you lose a whole day of work, and pray to the RICOH Engineer in Japan, so that the client does not get bad with you, because you have to come back another day, to finish the repair. xD lol
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I do also recall that modification/improvement they made for the MPCxx02 era.

There are no official spare parts available for the sleeve unit. Some time ago someone gave me a 3rd party sample fuser sleeve with some silicone oil for refurbishing a xxx3 unit. Even at this point I thought it's pointless because the NIP pad surface looks pretty wasted after >200k prints, causing too much friction (oil is just a temporaary fix then) but I gave it a shot "just for fun".

Unfortunately there was no fun involved AT ALL because the MPC3003 fuser sleeve is built more complex with more (internal) parts compared to older sleeve units I disassembled/reassembled for lubrication (like MPC2051). After an hour of fiddling aroung that 3D puzzle I became angry and held the thing too tight in my hand and wrinkeled the sleeve so I dunked it in the trash

Post Re: Anyone know if the Fusor's Nip Pad has a part reference?

Hello folks!
    As youre talking about MPC3003 fuser, recently I've changed two of the sleeves with third party sleeve and everything works fine, it takes me about 45 mins for the pita job, but I haven't had problems with it, everything just works. Ofcourse it wont probably last as long as the original, but for that price it's worth a try.
    Offtopic aside, on one unit I've had strange problem with it, but I doubt its the sleeves fault. So I install the fuser into the machine, turn it on and let it boot up, no errors follow. Then, I go to print the counter, press the button and then the machine just takes about 15-20 seconds to even start to print. I assume it takes long to get hot (?), what happens next is that paper gets jammed just before the fuser, like it starts to get pulled inside and then it stops. I've checked for tension and continuity of the lamps, it measures fine, everything else is fine all of the parts look fine and everything fits together. My only doubt are the thermistors, they seem fine and kinda new even, theres no black crud on them, but when I've had blown thermistors an error pops up. So you get why I'm confused.

Maybe I'm too much into that problems so I need fresh pair of eyes I guess, help!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hrca View Post
    Hello folks!
    As youre talking about MPC3003 fuser, recently I've changed two of the sleeves with third party sleeve and everything works fine, it takes me about 45 mins for the pita job, but I haven't had problems with it, everything just works. Ofcourse it wont probably last as long as the original, but for that price it's worth a try.
    Offtopic aside, on one unit I've had strange problem with it, but I doubt its the sleeves fault. So I install the fuser into the machine, turn it on and let it boot up, no errors follow. Then, I go to print the counter, press the button and then the machine just takes about 15-20 seconds to even start to print. I assume it takes long to get hot (?), what happens next is that paper gets jammed just before the fuser, like it starts to get pulled inside and then it stops. I've checked for tension and continuity of the lamps, it measures fine, everything else is fine all of the parts look fine and everything fits together. My only doubt are the thermistors, they seem fine and kinda new even, theres no black crud on them, but when I've had blown thermistors an error pops up. So you get why I'm confused.

Maybe I'm too much into that problems so I need fresh pair of eyes I guess, help!
    Perhaps the internal heat shutters or it's mechanisms aren't properly in place? I remember these parts were hard to handle with just two hands and some bystanders joking about me^^

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hrca View Post
    Hello folks!

maybe you have put too silicone oil, or maybe you haven't waited long enough for it to absorb, then it must have come out slightly from the sides of the sleeve, dirtying the two orange rubber pads on the sides of the presser, which make the traction
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    I have a doubt, about a specific part of the Fusion System of the series 03 and 04 (and in general of all those who carry the fusing sleeve).
    I remember reading, that the "Nip Pad" received a modification and that the nylon fabric had been changed (the interlaced) and I am curious if anyone knows if there is reference to that part.
    Does anyone sound like you saw it in a newsletter? I know I didn't imagine it, but now I can't find that newsletter and I think that if a piece code came.
    Nip_Pad_Fuser.jpg

to me they always look the same, however the loose parts can be found on alibaba or aliexpress if you want
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)