Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts emiliorsg's Avatar

Re: Scanner color problem in MP 301

I had a similar problem some time ago with a c305, the customer's delivery notes were made on pre-printed paper and the scanner detected it as color. As slimslob indicates, really the black was not pure black but a mixture of colors and I read it as a dark brown. Anyway, clean the optics well.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

UPDATE, I put you in situation:
    The prints are made under the MP 301 itself (so the black it uses, except for the grayscale is the standard), the optics have been cleaned and during the ignition after it, an SC 142 has been generated. This made my eyebrow arch very hard... (I didn't see the point of provoking the SC)

After reviewing the SC and doing a quick search with the mobile, there was a fact that caught my attention, "Unclean white plate", something that I found outside the manuals that I currently have. Therefore, I risked to take off with patience and delicacy the glass of the "EXPOSURE GLASS UNIT" to clean the White Plate.

Already breathing more relief, sc 142 disappeared, but the problems continued.
    The sample for the tests was the Color Pattern of a machine that we have in the workshop.
    1b9c7815.jpg
    The problem with "bleeding" persists but a greenish area is generated that did not exist or appreciable.
    202206070956.jpg
    I came up with a crazy thing and it was to remove the cover that covers the circuit of the LED's, because despite cleaning and not finding dirt on the paper, I found it strange. And what was my surprise when the greenish area disappeared completely and the reddish hue in the blacks had been reduced, not much, but enough to think that I am on the right track.
    ca916a2b.jpg1db283e2.jpg202206071000.jpg
    So I assume that the problem must come from the circuido of LED's, or a failure in the strength of illumination or tonality in it causing the reading to be generated erroneously.

Right now the client has configured the machine to make the scanner the White / Black, to Text / Photo and 300 but they can continue to use the color despite the fact that the failure persists, right now something less striking. I am not very clear that the LEDs can be ordered, since according to cutting it does not reflect but if they appear with a screen-printed reference in the circuit.
    17cc9f72.jpg
    Any suggestions before asking for anything?

PS.:
    - The scanner has been deleted.
    - Firmware Update
    - PDF encoding is the device standard (not using PDF/A)
    ​Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.
    ALL WILL BE WELL

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Scanner color problem in MP 301

Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    17cc9f72.jpg

PS.:
    - Firmware Update
    The part number shown is possibly the number for the blank PCB with no components mounted. D117 is an MP C305. Both the MP 301 and the MP C305 show the same part number for the complete scanner carriage but no separate for the LED board. Of course my parts catalog is 10 years old.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

UPDATE, I put you in situation:
    The prints are made under the MP 301 itself (so the black it uses, except for the grayscale is the standard), the optics have been cleaned and during the ignition after it, an SC 142 has been generated. This made my eyebrow arch very hard... (I didn't see the point of provoking the SC)

After reviewing the SC and doing a quick search with the mobile, there was a fact that caught my attention, "Unclean white plate", something that I found outside the manuals that I currently have. Therefore, I risked to take off with patience and delicacy the glass of the "EXPOSURE GLASS UNIT" to clean the White Plate.

Already breathing more relief, sc 142 disappeared, but the problems continued.
    The sample for the tests was the Color Pattern of a machine that we have in the workshop.
    1b9c7815.jpg
    The problem with "bleeding" persists but a greenish area is generated that did not exist or appreciable.
    202206070956.jpg
    I came up with a crazy thing and it was to remove the cover that covers the circuit of the LED's, because despite cleaning and not finding dirt on the paper, I found it strange. And what was my surprise when the greenish area disappeared completely and the reddish hue in the blacks had been reduced, not much, but enough to think that I am on the right track.
    ca916a2b.jpg1db283e2.jpg202206071000.jpg
    So I assume that the problem must come from the circuido of LED's, or a failure in the strength of illumination or tonality in it causing the reading to be generated erroneously.

Right now the client has configured the machine to make the scanner the White / Black, to Text / Photo and 300 but they can continue to use the color despite the fact that the failure persists, right now something less striking. I am not very clear that the LEDs can be ordered, since according to cutting it does not reflect but if they appear with a screen-printed reference in the circuit.
    17cc9f72.jpg

PS.:
    - Firmware Update
    check that there is no dirt in the path of the scan head and try to lubricate it.
    It has happened to me before in kyocera, it fills with dust and when moving it does not do the scanning well, because of the adf it also does it?
    PS: in Murcia there is a lot of dust, I'm tired of cleaning the size sensors of the adf

Senior Tech 100+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L0rdC View Post
    check that there is no dirt in the path of the scan head and try to lubricate it.
    It has happened to me before in kyocera, it fills with dust and when moving it does not do the scanning well, because of the adf it also does it?
    PS: in Murcia there is a lot of dust, I'm tired of cleaning the size sensors of the adf
    You already know that Murcia is known as "Mordor" xD ha ha ha. (Calor y Polvo sobran a capazos)
    On the lubrication of the displacement rails, I do not see how that can affect so that it generates colors where there are none.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob
    The part number shown is possibly the number for the blank PCB with no components mounted. D117 is an MP C305. Both the MP 301 and the MP C305 show the same part number for the complete scanner carriage but no separate for the LED board. Of course my parts catalog is 10 years old.
    You were right, I just checked it and they are the same piece [D1171651] CARRIAGE SCANNER ASS'Y. Well, I think I have one for scrapping... Maybe I'll go back to the customer and do a test to see what happens, to experiment.
    ​Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.
    ALL WILL BE WELL

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

You already know that Murcia is known as "Mordor" xD ha ha ha. (Calor y Polvo sobran a capazos)
    On the lubrication of the displacement rails, I do not see how that can affect so that it generates colors where there are none.

You were right, I just checked it and they are the same piece [D1171651] CARRIAGE SCANNER ASS'Y. Well, I think I have one for scrapping... Maybe I'll go back to the customer and do a test to see what happens, to experiment.
    MD y te lo explicó mejor

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Seems most likely that it is that Carriage Scanner Assembly. That optical unit is vulnerable to power surges and electrical issues. Change the complete thing

Please change and test.

All the best friend