Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Murcia
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    13

    Scanner color problem in MP 301

    We have been contacted by a client who informs us of a somewhat peculiar failure. Before going I want to tell you about the case, as I find it interesting.
    The 1st image is when the device scans in Black, in principle everything normal.
    001.jpg
    The 2nd and 3rd images are when you scan in color or in "color detection", and what is seen in the image happens.
    002.jpg003.jpg
    Red rectangles are there to protect customer data.
    I am almost convinced that the light must enter in some way that alters refraction of the mirrors in the scanner or an anomaly with dirt or a poor cleaning of the mirrors. Although I am open to suggestions.
    ​Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.
    ALL WILL BE WELL

  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts luca72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Milano, Italia
    Posts
    914
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Scanner color problem in MP 301

    Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    We have been contacted by a client who informs us of a somewhat peculiar failure. Before going I want to tell you about the case, as I find it interesting.
    The 1st image is when the device scans in Black, in principle everything normal.
    001.jpg
    The 2nd and 3rd images are when you scan in color or in "color detection", and what is seen in the image happens.
    002.jpg003.jpg
    Red rectangles are there to protect customer data.
    I am almost convinced that the light must enter in some way that alters refraction of the mirrors in the scanner or an anomaly with dirt or a poor cleaning of the mirrors. Although I am open to suggestions.
    sorry, but havent the original in hand, i dont sure understand the defect.
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Murcia
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Scanner color problem in MP 301

    Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    sorry, but havent the original in hand, i dont sure understand the defect.
    The original is BLACK all text. My fault for not indicating it.
    ​Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.
    ALL WILL BE WELL

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    487
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Scanner color problem in MP 301

    My first thought would be the ccd. That is a weird one.
    The difference between Democrats and Republicans is.......

    One party tells lies

    and

    the other party doesn't tell the truth.

  5. #5
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Scanner color problem in MP 301

    slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    22,670
    Rep Power
    657

    Re: Scanner color problem in MP 301

    Common problem. Unless you know you are scanning a color original and you want the scan in color you should keep the scanner set for B/W. Make for faster scanning and smaller scanned documents.

    Another problem is that the original make have been printed in composite black and not pure black. Often it is the blue that bleed through under bright light but red is possible.

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Murcia
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Scanner color problem in MP 301

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Common problem. Unless you know you are scanning a color original and you want the scan in color you should keep the scanner set for B/W. Make for faster scanning and smaller scanned documents.
    Another problem is that the original make have been printed in composite black and not pure black. Often it is the blue that bleed through under bright light but red is possible.
    In what sense do you say "common problem"?
    I would understand this failure in machines that work in color and require calibration of it, but in black machines that scan in color, the truth is my first case.

    Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead
    My first thought would be the ccd. That is a weird one.
    Is the "CCD" the "CARRIAGE SCANNER ASS'Y"?
    It is so as not to make a mistake in the budget.
    Out of curiosity, can that be seen if it is manipulated and corrected?, I am lazy to make a budget and that the piece takes me an eternity because of the current situation, and that the client is impatient for the delay.
    ​Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.
    ALL WILL BE WELL

  7. #7
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Scanner color problem in MP 301

    slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    22,670
    Rep Power
    657

    Re: Scanner color problem in MP 301

    Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    In what sense do you say "common problem"?
    I would understand this failure in machines that work in color and require calibration of it, but in black machines that scan in color, the truth is my first case.
    Under the high intensity of the scanner lamp, individual pigments within black ink can and very often do bleed through.

    Is the "CCD" the "CARRIAGE SCANNER ASS'Y"?
    It is so as not to make a mistake in the budget.
    Out of curiosity, can that be seen if it is manipulated and corrected?, I am lazy to make a budget and that the piece takes me an eternity because of the current situation, and that the client is impatient for the delay.



    The CCD is the active part of the Lens block assembly and cannot be replaced separately. On a color model you can adjust it with Auto Color Calibration in the Maintenance portion of User Tools.

    Ricoh went to using color CCD in most models because it allowed them to purchase them in a high enough quantity that the overall cost was less.

  8. #8
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts luca72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Milano, Italia
    Posts
    914
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Scanner color problem in MP 301

    Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    The original is BLACK all text. My fault for not indicating it.
    as always, I would start from the simplest thing, go, go up
    1) I would verify that the customer did not set by default some strange setting, various pdf compressions, particular image mode in the scan settings (I lost 2 hours for problems in the past with the watermark of the ID card that created strange color effects that did not exist for anything else)
    2) try on another pc.
    3) firmware update
    4) even a nice sp clear scanner could prove to be the trump card
    5) then a nice clean optics

    personally i have some dubt on ccd, but i can wrong
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

  9. #9
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Kzn
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Scanner color problem in MP 301

    Agreed, this is a bit a common issue on some machines though I haven't experienced it on a MP301

    I would say try a different original. Perhaps a test chart. Just to make sure it's not the original or some fault with the original like Slimslob mentioned.

    Next would be strip your optics and fully service it. May be dust or something.

    Next would be colour calibration.

    Finally replace the scanner. The Carriage scanner assembly that moves. Could be damaged and not reading colours correctly.

    Also, do your firmware updates

    Best of luck friend

  10. #10
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Scanner color problem in MP 301

    slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    22,670
    Rep Power
    657

    Re: Scanner color problem in MP 301

    Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    The original is BLACK all text. My fault for not indicating it.
    Co you know the source of the "BLACK" text. Do you know the specific pigment(s) and their sources? If it was the machine and not the ink of the text, I would expect it to be affecting more than just the color of the text.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here