Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Image quality issue after 20K pages MP 9003

Hi folks

about 2 weeks ago we replaced the Drum kit and Developer , and suddenly started black images after 20K pages, no latest SC shown in SC history, tried the old drum and it doesn't make any difference, checked and found no issues with SP values, Development Bias, charge voltage, Charge grid and wire seems fine and shinny,
    Machine is 100 miles away ,
    do i need to get the new charger or is there anything else? page is printed LEF.IMG-20220613-WA0014.jpg

any ideas please,

Thank you

Regard's
    Last edited by fbkhan3; 06-13-2022 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Image quality issue after 20K pages MP 9003

If it hasn’t been replaced then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    If it hasn’t been replaced then yes.
    Both the grid and wire were replaced during PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fbkhan3 View Post
    When the replacement was made did you check if the erasure lamps were clean?
    Maybe that's the problem.
    Although it gives me that there must be a problem of contamination of the ID Sensor or EP Sensor, but you say that the voltage of the gives it good (I understand that you checked it after the changes and adjustments) ... But with the failure at the moment it gives you good?
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Image quality issue after 20K pages  MP 9003

Unless you are getting SC30x codes I doubt if is the charge corona or HVPS. Looks more like over toned or possibly a bad drum shaft ground.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

How did the corona insulator blocks look? My mind your image looks overtoned. I would suspect maybe you need a new charge assy. When changing the developer on those units, I always tap the bottom aluminum case after emptying the developer, usually a ton of toner comes out. I always clean the dr blade and mag roller. Usually those get toner coated closing the dr blade gap. When that gets closed, the ID sensor gets a lighter image, so the id sensor asks for more toner to get darker, then it snowballs into overtoning. Other remote possibilities are the drum air intake filter is plugged, the screens on the recycling unit are plugged so toner is not being recycled and copier is adding too much fresh toner to compensate. Could be your drum charge sensor is flaking out. Did you have front door open before doing the developer autocal at initial turn-on? If you didn't, that may be the issue.

How many copies on the machine? I believe the entire developer assy is rated 3M or so. I've had to replace several at this point, the tolerances are shot.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

did you run SP2801 and SP2962? if not run sp2962. that might clear your images up.

Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    When the replacement was made did you check if the erasure lamps were clean?
    Maybe that's the problem.
    Although it gives me that there must be a problem of contamination of the ID Sensor or EP Sensor, but you say that the voltage of the gives it good (I understand that you checked it after the changes and adjustments) ... But with the failure at the moment it gives you good?
    Yes the Quenching lamp was pretty clean, i was able to find a technician on site who took out the Drum unit for me, Developer tank and charger, everything was clean, cleaning brush, ID sensor and development sleeve roller was checked, SP settings related to DV bias and Charger were up to mark.

Regard's

Quote Originally Posted by apump View Post
    did you run SP2801 and SP2962? if not run sp2962. that might clear your images up.

Yes 2801, TD sensor was initialized at the time of developer replacement and it was successfully completed,Replacement procedure was according to service manual leaving the door open >entering SP mode> lot number input> 2801.

didn't excute 2962.

Regard's

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    How did the corona insulator blocks look? My mind your image looks overtoned. I would suspect maybe you need a new charge assy. When changing the developer on those units, I always tap the bottom aluminum case after emptying the developer, usually a ton of toner comes out. I always clean the dr blade and mag roller. Usually those get toner coated closing the dr blade gap. When that gets closed, the ID sensor gets a lighter image, so the id sensor asks for more toner to get darker, then it snowballs into overtoning. Other remote possibilities are the drum air intake filter is plugged, the screens on the recycling unit are plugged so toner is not being recycled and copier is adding too much fresh toner to compensate. Could be your drum charge sensor is flaking out.

Did you have front door open before doing the developer autocal at initial turn-on? If you didn't, that may be the issue.

Yes, the actual replacement procedure was performed as you described.

How many copies on the machine?
    I believe the entire developer assy is rated 3M or so. I've had to replace several at this point, the tolerances are shot.
    Almost 1.5M

I asked the to change to 2001> 4 setting for total Bias Current: default 900 changed to 1100 and that made huge change in copy quality which can be seen here.IMG-20220614-WA0006.jpg I have dispatched the complete charger to replace and see if that fixes the issue.

Regard's