RICOH WIZARD/WSD HATER 50+ Posts

Exclamation ability to automatically restart upon SC code?

So, I have multiple Ricoh IM series device that get the SC-672-20.
    I think I've read somewhere that you can change the action on certain level SC codes to restart automatically. I know some Functional problem errors WILL automatically restart, and others wont based on level of SC code. In every occurence of the SC672-20 I just restart the machine and it comes to the ready like it never happened. So, for the sake of call completion I've just been performing a restart. I would like to EITHER change the auto restart setting in service mode for whatever level the 672 code is OR figure out why my machines keep getting that code. One concern i have about switching the auto restart thing is I don't want to end up in a restart loop for other SC codes that share that level if something happens in the future. And the other concern i have is I dont have the first clue how to track down and document the cause of 672 codes. So, I'm in a pickle. When the 672 code happens it takes the WIM offline, so i cant remotely restart that way. It just feels lie a band-aid on the bigger issue, but i get AT LEAST one ticket a week for this issue.
    These are ALL devices less than a year old and varying levels of usage from couple hundred clicks a month to several 10's of thousand clicks per month. I'm going to try upgrading to latest FW on these devices before i do ANYTHING else, but was hoping someone had experience in either this SC code or has horror stories to deter me from changing the SC code levels results.

HALP FRENS!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    ability to automatically restart upon SC code?

Re: ability to automatically restart upon SC code?

Unless it is something new added to the IM models, auto restart is either not at all or for all SC codes that do not require entering SP mode and entering the reset code after the cause of the problem has been corrected.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j2shortt View Post
    So, I have multiple Ricoh IM series device that get the SC-672-20.
    I think I've read somewhere that you can change the action on certain level SC codes to restart automatically. I know some Functional problem errors WILL automatically restart, and others wont based on level of SC code. In every occurence of the SC672-20 I just restart the machine and it comes to the ready like it never happened. So, for the sake of call completion I've just been performing a restart. I would like to EITHER change the auto restart setting in service mode for whatever level the 672 code is OR figure out why my machines keep getting that code. One concern i have about switching the auto restart thing is I don't want to end up in a restart loop for other SC codes that share that level if something happens in the future. And the other concern i have is I dont have the first clue how to track down and document the cause of 672 codes. So, I'm in a pickle. When the 672 code happens it takes the WIM offline, so i cant remotely restart that way. It just feels lie a band-aid on the bigger issue, but i get AT LEAST one ticket a week for this issue.
    These are ALL devices less than a year old and varying levels of usage from couple hundred clicks a month to several 10's of thousand clicks per month. I'm going to try upgrading to latest FW on these devices before i do ANYTHING else, but was hoping someone had experience in either this SC code or has horror stories to deter me from changing the SC code levels results....now i havent under hand a led legend status table, its on some RTB

HALP FRENS!
    if it gives you sc672, I do not think it will be able to restart, since it is a code that indicates the lack of communication from the controller (therefore stalled), I would look at the status of the activity indicator LEDs on the controller board to determine what the cpu actually sees....now i havent under hand the led status table legend, but you can find it on some RTB
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

672's are more than likely bad print jobs. I've been able to fix a majority of them with firmware and an updated driver.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
    672's are more than likely bad print jobs. I've been able to fix a majority of them with firmware and an updated driver.
    To me happen when the machine startup from standby...mostly
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

On some models, I saw on some rtb, that there is an smd fuse to check on the ipu, and/or on the controller

Senior Tech 100+ Posts emiliorsg's Avatar

If the machines are less than a year old, I would contact your Ricoh supervisor about the warranty issue.