Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MPC6003 - hight pitched noise

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    high pitch noise can also come from the drum units if they are getting old and there's not enough lubrication/toner on the blades or the blade's rubber.-compound become too hard.

...OK I just notice this has been already suggested, we'll I second on that^^
    I have a same problem with our mpc6003, here the we using for internal use, She emit a whiste, in someone condiction, but i dont have never time for look It, at ear, not seem a pcdu, but some bushing, but i dont put my Hand on Fire.
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    I have a same problem with our mpc6003, here the we using for internal use, She emit a whiste, in someone condiction, but i dont have never time for look It, at ear, not seem a pcdu, but some bushing, but i dont put my Hand on Fire.
    You can quick-check the PCUs by getting them out, shaking bit and turning all drums by hand a little bit back + forth a couple of times - this will put some "fresh dirt" on the cleaning blades and eliminate the noise (not for long, of course).

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    You can quick-check the PCUs by getting them out, shaking bit and turning all drums by hand a little bit back + forth a couple of times - this will put some "fresh dirt" on the cleaning blades and eliminate the noise (not for long, of course).

this i did not, i will try, but i tried all the sp out checks, and i could not replicate the whistle
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

this i did not, i will try, but i tried all the sp out checks, and i could not replicate the whistle
    with all process speeds? Does the MPC6003 use a discrete drive for dev or a clutch? Sometimes you must toggle several stuff simultaneously to get the parts really moving.
    I thing I also heard subtle noise from the dev units before so that's the next thing I'd check.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

My apologies friend, but I have been following this thread since your original post...perhaps it is just my advanced age, but I haven't heard a damned thing!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

does it have a finisher? ive had finishers have this high pitched squeal u speak of...

It's the ITB unit-It's always the ITB,either the idle roller seized/about to seize in it's bearings , or the transfer rollers getting stiff in the plastic bushes.Have many devices do this,luckly had a account with 4 devices next to each other so swopped ITB unit over-sound transferred as well.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC6003 - hight pitched noise

hi guys,

it was down to the fusing unit as soon as we changed it went away!

thanks for your input!