Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MPC4504 SMB Scanning isue

Question MPC4504 SMB Scanning isue

Hi , good day everyone. i have a weird isue regarding my mpc4504 SMB scanning.

if i put \\pc network path\folder and key in the username and password the machine stated "connection failed check the setting"

when i put \\ip address\folder and key in the username and password the machine can do scan without any problem.

i found out when i change the controller board(or some of you called it interface board) the machine can do scan with both setting. by the way both controller board i already update with latest package firmware. same version of network support and everything else. is there any setting i can do to make it work again by using the network path? this machine i test 1 to 1 from machine direct to laptop.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-20 at 5.51.38 PM.jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-07-20 at 5.51.39 PM.jpg using network path failed

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-20 at 5.51.40 PM.jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-07-20 at 5.51.40 PM (1).jpg using ip address success

and if change controller board i take from other unit using same version firmware OK for both method.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: MPC4504 SMB Scanning isue

Seems like the DNS config is not valid so the hostname can't be translated into the IP adress.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Seems like the DNS config is not valid so the hostname can't be translated into the IP adress.

but i test it direct 1 to 1. machine direct to laptop using network cable. no other network equipment. and when i change the controller board. using the same setting it can success.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

i had a customer that had multiple computers that we setup and came across one computer that would only work using IP address. Basically windows software problem that
    hostname can't be translated into the IP adress.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darknet93 View Post
    but i test it direct 1 to 1. machine direct to laptop using network cable. no other network equipment. and when i change the controller board. using the same setting it can success.
    I can speculate a lot but at the end of the day I can't explain that different behaviour if all network settings are the same. TBH I don't see any reasons to bother and start swapping boards to get DNS working without any DNS server because it's not really supposed to work. If your final usecase is a direct LAN connection from MFP to PC you are good to go to setup static IPs on both ends and use the IP instead of host name in the SMB path.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

if it works use it. set the IP static and let it bump!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darknet93 View Post
    Hi , good day everyone. i have a weird isue regarding my mpc4504 SMB scanning.

if i put \\pc network path\folder and key in the username and password the machine stated "connection failed check the setting"

when i put \\ip address\folder and key in the username and password the machine can do scan without any problem.

i found out when i change the controller board(or some of you called it interface board) the machine can do scan with both setting. by the way both controller board i already update with latest package firmware. same version of network support and everything else. is there any setting i can do to make it work again by using the network path? this machine i test 1 to 1 from machine direct to laptop.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-20 at 5.51.38 PM.jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-07-20 at 5.51.39 PM.jpg using network path failed

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-20 at 5.51.40 PM.jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-07-20 at 5.51.40 PM (1).jpg using ip address success

and if change controller board i take from other unit using same version firmware OK for both method.

hi, of base could be seem a dns setting problem, but you are sure that it same(?) also in order of written, anyway......what say the system registry in wim? under configuration>ip V4>registry monitor, or last page of network print configuration....can you post here the negotiation error?

could be a different setting of auth, from one controller and the other(?)

check for security, the sp-5-990-005 (diagnostic report page) of boot controller machine, if are exactly same firmware version, in particulary the network support, and the system copy

more time, i had a identical problem (ip=yes host n=no) and the cause they alternated by windows firewall (make a role) or kaspersky or other antivirus firewall that blocking the machine, try to stop momentary the firewall or windows security service agent (the colored shield) from bottom bar, and try again with host name test
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    if it works use it. set the IP static and let it bump!!
    And when they have to change their internet provider which changes their subnet, you're screwed.