Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

Fin Transport solenoid issue mpc5502/3/4 and more

Is it the solenoid or the circuit board thats causing these transports to malfunction? i have several run ins with this issue,, i have dis assembled a transport and what a mess.. the part is G3615561.. is this cleanable? or fixable in some way ?
    i cant find the part available anywhere..but in any case this happens a lot and if it is the solenoid failing why wouldn't Ricoh Make it more accessible to change????
    thanks for listening my rant...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Fin Transport solenoid issue mpc5502/3/4 and more

Never replaced, I wonder if you added the finisher later.
    when you installed the finishers did you also replace the output rollers, mounted on the machine before the bridge?
    Last edited by GIUBOSS; 07-20-2022 at 04:51 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    Is it the solenoid or the circuit board thats causing these transports to malfunction? i have several run ins with this issue,, i have dis assembled a transport and what a mess.. the part is G3615561.. is this cleanable? or fixable in some way ?
    i cant find the part available anywhere..but in any case this happens a lot and if it is the solenoid failing why wouldn't Ricoh Make it more accessible to change????
    thanks for listening my rant...

I couldn't find that code in any accessory parts manual for that machine series, what finisher model is it? what jam code does it give you?
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    I couldn't find that code in any accessory parts manual for that machine series, what finisher model is it? what jam code does it give you?
    mpc3003 optional parts catalog
    Bridge Unit BU3070 - D685_17_V1.06
    73.G3615561
    DC SOLENOID:24V:

it jams at the entrance to the finisher path from the transport exit... the gate is not activating causing the paper to not go into the internal tray.. i have the part number and manual ... i was just asking if perhaps the circuit board is the issue and not the solenoid..
    from MPC5502 on up this transport has had these issues.. ive taken it apart and cleaned the solenoid im going to test it... but i was just curious if you guys have had this issue and what you did about it.. as long as the paper is supposed to go to the finisher there is no issue, but if its supposed to go the internal tray it gets directed to the finisher causing the jam because it went the wrong path...

it jams at the entrance to the finisher path from the transport exit... the gate is not activating causing the paper to not go into the internal tray.. i have the part number and manual ... i was just asking if perhaps the circuit board is the issue and not the solenoid..
    from MPC5502 on up this transport has had these issues.. ive taken it apart and cleaned the solenoid im going to test it... but i was just curious if you guys have had this issue and what you did about it.. as long as the paper is supposed to go to the finisher there is no issue, but if its supposed to go the internal tray it gets directed to the finisher causing the jam because it went the wrong path...
    Now im at home, and havent manuals in house, tomorrow i check this, are you sure of you have a some break plastic in finisher?
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

no, ive taken it apart and re built it,, the gate is not activating ,, it seemed to workd for q page or two then its stopped,, must be the solenoid ... ill re address it tomorrow and see if changing it with another used one that works fixes it, if so then Ill be a master at taking these damm things apart...LOL

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    Never replaced, I wonder if you added the finisher later.
    when you installed the finishers did you also replace the output rollers, mounted on the machine before the bridge?
    It's never been an issuere here, too.

Mi first thought was also the output idle rollers
    Tthe shape for the finisher/brighe unit version should look like [|] and not like (|)

There's probably a way to test the gate via output check. Very old MPCs also dealt with bridge unit door switch issues causing at power on jams, but I think this was only during the MPC2800 era.

its not the output rollers,,, i know that issue , the paper makes it into the transport the stops, because it was supposed to go into the internal tray.. when the sensor realizes its in the wrong path it stops...
    the wrong exit rollers will cause Chinese paper fans ... lol

its not the output rollers,,, i know that issue , the paper makes it into the transport the stops, because it was supposed to go into the internal tray.. when the sensor realizes its in the wrong path it stops...
    the wrong exit rollers will cause Chinese paper fans ... lol

I too, never replaced, due to how it is built, it is indestructible, at most the sponge is consumed in the solenoids, and they remain "stuck" ... but these have a different structure ... have you tried to update the firmware of the finisher?