Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    tampa Florida
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    41

    Fin Transport solenoid issue mpc5502/3/4 and more

    Is it the solenoid or the circuit board thats causing these transports to malfunction? i have several run ins with this issue,, i have dis assembled a transport and what a mess.. the part is G3615561.. is this cleanable? or fixable in some way ?
    i cant find the part available anywhere..but in any case this happens a lot and if it is the solenoid failing why wouldn't Ricoh Make it more accessible to change????
    thanks for listening my rant...

  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Fin Transport solenoid issue mpc5502/3/4 and more

    GIUBOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Roma, IT
    Posts
    922
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: Fin Transport solenoid issue mpc5502/3/4 and more

    Never replaced, I wonder if you added the finisher later.
    when you installed the finishers did you also replace the output rollers, mounted on the machine before the bridge?
    Last edited by GIUBOSS; 07-20-2022 at 04:51 PM.

  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts luca72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Milano, Italia
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Fin Transport solenoid issue mpc5502/3/4 and more

    Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    Is it the solenoid or the circuit board thats causing these transports to malfunction? i have several run ins with this issue,, i have dis assembled a transport and what a mess.. the part is G3615561.. is this cleanable? or fixable in some way ?
    i cant find the part available anywhere..but in any case this happens a lot and if it is the solenoid failing why wouldn't Ricoh Make it more accessible to change????
    thanks for listening my rant...

    I couldn't find that code in any accessory parts manual for that machine series, what finisher model is it? what jam code does it give you?
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

  4. #4
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Fin Transport solenoid issue mpc5502/3/4 and more

    GIUBOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Roma, IT
    Posts
    922
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: Fin Transport solenoid issue mpc5502/3/4 and more

    Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    I couldn't find that code in any accessory parts manual for that machine series, what finisher model is it? what jam code does it give you?
    mpc3003 optional parts catalog
    Bridge Unit BU3070 - D685_17_V1.06
    73.G3615561
    DC SOLENOID:24V:

  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    tampa Florida
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Fin Transport solenoid issue mpc5502/3/4 and more

    it jams at the entrance to the finisher path from the transport exit... the gate is not activating causing the paper to not go into the internal tray.. i have the part number and manual ... i was just asking if perhaps the circuit board is the issue and not the solenoid..
    from MPC5502 on up this transport has had these issues.. ive taken it apart and cleaned the solenoid im going to test it... but i was just curious if you guys have had this issue and what you did about it.. as long as the paper is supposed to go to the finisher there is no issue, but if its supposed to go the internal tray it gets directed to the finisher causing the jam because it went the wrong path...

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts luca72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Milano, Italia
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Fin Transport solenoid issue mpc5502/3/4 and more

    Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    it jams at the entrance to the finisher path from the transport exit... the gate is not activating causing the paper to not go into the internal tray.. i have the part number and manual ... i was just asking if perhaps the circuit board is the issue and not the solenoid..
    from MPC5502 on up this transport has had these issues.. ive taken it apart and cleaned the solenoid im going to test it... but i was just curious if you guys have had this issue and what you did about it.. as long as the paper is supposed to go to the finisher there is no issue, but if its supposed to go the internal tray it gets directed to the finisher causing the jam because it went the wrong path...
    Now im at home, and havent manuals in house, tomorrow i check this, are you sure of you have a some break plastic in finisher?
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

  7. #7
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    tampa Florida
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Fin Transport solenoid issue mpc5502/3/4 and more

    no, ive taken it apart and re built it,, the gate is not activating ,, it seemed to workd for q page or two then its stopped,, must be the solenoid ... ill re address it tomorrow and see if changing it with another used one that works fixes it, if so then Ill be a master at taking these damm things apart...LOL

  8. #8
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gothenburg
    Posts
    1,790
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Fin Transport solenoid issue mpc5502/3/4 and more

    Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    Never replaced, I wonder if you added the finisher later.
    when you installed the finishers did you also replace the output rollers, mounted on the machine before the bridge?
    It's never been an issuere here, too.

    Mi first thought was also the output idle rollers
    Tthe shape for the finisher/brighe unit version should look like [|] and not like (|)


    There's probably a way to test the gate via output check. Very old MPCs also dealt with bridge unit door switch issues causing at power on jams, but I think this was only during the MPC2800 era.

  9. #9
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    tampa Florida
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Fin Transport solenoid issue mpc5502/3/4 and more

    its not the output rollers,,, i know that issue , the paper makes it into the transport the stops, because it was supposed to go into the internal tray.. when the sensor realizes its in the wrong path it stops...
    the wrong exit rollers will cause Chinese paper fans ... lol

  10. #10
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts luca72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Milano, Italia
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Fin Transport solenoid issue mpc5502/3/4 and more

    Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    its not the output rollers,,, i know that issue , the paper makes it into the transport the stops, because it was supposed to go into the internal tray.. when the sensor realizes its in the wrong path it stops...
    the wrong exit rollers will cause Chinese paper fans ... lol


    I too, never replaced, due to how it is built, it is indestructible, at most the sponge is consumed in the solenoids, and they remain "stuck" ... but these have a different structure ... have you tried to update the firmware of the finisher?
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here