Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Re: IM C4500 - Magnetic Roller with absence of Developer.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I have used the Paper Dust Cleaner on any model showing the same symptoms you are having. The Pro 1357 service manual is the only place, other than Ricoh's tools and service supplies catalog, where the part number is mentioned. It can also be used on other makes though I'm sure they have their own tool.
    Dear friend Slimslob, I have just been perplexed by a curious tool.
    For cases like that, I had always used some piece of acetate (fine plastic) to pass it between the Magnetic Rollers, but I never expected Ricoh to have something like that.
    All my life improvising "tools", to discover that something similar already existed xD.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    IM C4500 - Magnetic Roller with absence of Developer.

Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    Dear friend Slimslob, I have just been perplexed by a curious tool.
    For cases like that, I had always used some piece of acetate (fine plastic) to pass it between the Magnetic Rollers, but I never expected Ricoh to have something like that.
    All my life improvising "tools", to discover that something similar already existed xD.
    The main difference between your improvised tool and the one from Ricoh is the Ricoh one has a tab that the curvature of the development roller causes to pop up in back of the doctor blade and scrapes of anything stuck there.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I wasn't aware this is a thing with the IMC range. I recall that ricoh had big issue when the MPC2800 (or was it the MPC2500?) came out - they even send us dealer a lot of complete PCDU sets in advance. i think they had issues with the production of the units so foreign particles got into the devs.

Every now and then I see this if toner becomes clogged - turning the dev roller some turns back and forth (many times) can help "crushing" these clogged particles.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    IM C4500 - Magnetic Roller with absence of Developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    I wasn't aware this is a thing with the IMC range. I recall that ricoh had big issue when the MPC2800 (or was it the MPC2500?) came out - they even send us dealer a lot of complete PCDU sets in advance. i think they had issues with the production of the units so foreign particles got into the devs.

Every now and then I see this if toner becomes clogged - turning the dev roller some turns back and forth (many times) can help "crushing" these clogged particles.
    It is even in the service manual for some models

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It is even in the service manual for some models
    Yes and there was an tech bulletin out during the MPC2800 era with some gear you can buy to improve the handling:

dev.jpg

It's from 2009 but it still fits on all low end / mid range MPCs (and probably IMC, too)!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    GIFT is realy right, it oo reminds me at the first MP C2800. We´ve change the Dev-Untis like hell! But in all cases it were no tonerlumps but little plasicdebris fron the unit.
    After 3 month (in Germany) the problem disapeared.
    Greetings...

CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

I suspect the use of generic aftermarket toner is the cause.

CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    Good dear colleagues, have all good impression, xD.

I bring you a case, which we are going to report to Ricoh, but I expose it here for popular knowledge.
    RELEVANT DATA:
    - IM C4500, new machine installation, unsealed in client. 28-01-2022
    - The user / client makes prints of poster type (images and little text), is using mostly yellow and greenish tones.
    - After 42,169 (color) and 6,315 (black) prints, the machine generated lumps in the Yellow Developing Unit. 20-05-2022
    Attachment 54493 Attachment 54494
    - Before the replacement of the Unit, it was carried out:
    1º Purge of the Developer component, passing it through a fine filter to remove lumps.
    2º Purge and replacement of toner.
    NO effect arose. A few copies/prints later the problem reappeared.
    - A replacement of the Revealing Unit was made. Not of the complete PCDU, since the Drum is still in good condition.
    - After a while, currently 83,849 (color) and 13,578 (black) prints, the machine again generated lumps in the Yellow Revealed Unit. 22-08-2022
    Attachment 54495 Attachment 54496 Attachment 54497 Attachment 54498
    - Another change of Revealed Unit was made.

We have ruled out that the problem may come from the toner, since the removed (supposedly defective) was placed in another client and NOT presented this failure.
    We are not aware of poor quality remittances from Toner.
    Could this user/client require custom settings to use one color more than the rest?
    Can the shake of the mixture between developer and toner be adjusted?
    Rest of operation of the machine is totally normal.
    Your probly using cheap generic toner or old toner that was poorly stored.

Sorry, for some reason the post was duplicated.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

The toner is original. A query was made in RICESS to find out the status of shipments of "defective" toner, and the response was negative.

During said consultation, Ricoh Spain was informed of the reasons and was informed of the case. The conclusion is that the user was printing posters (which this client never reported during the consultations prior to the acquisition of the device) without the appropriate quality adjustments for a correct impression both in terms of quality and performance for said job.

A printing profile was created in the controller for the "advertising" that this client made sporadically, but at the same time, with a large printing load suddenly.

There are no further incidents in this regard.