Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

SP C 252SF that displays: “Misfeed: Stnd. Tray” after it prints a sheet of paper. Can

Hello, I have a SP C 252SF that displays: “Misfeed: Stnd. Tray” after it prints a sheet of paper.

I put only one sheet in the paper tray to make sure it wasn't a second page causing the issue. It happens every time it prints a single page. If I print two pages the second page stops about an inch out of the fuser.

The paper comes out completely and printed completely, but I think a sensor thinks there is a jam but there is not.

I check the paper size and type, nothing wrong there.

I took the display off and looked at what might be called the exit assembly, but could not see underneath it any kind of actuator with the little arm stuck or anything else that would be a sensor.

Maybe it’s inside the fuser’s housing?

Any ideas what this could be?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: SP C 252SF that displays: “Misfeed: Stnd. Tray” after it prints a sheet of paper.

Maybe this will help, I dunno.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: SP C 252SF that displays: “Misfeed: Stnd. Tray” after it prints a sheet of paper.

Does it print OK thru the bypass - manual feed tray ?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post
    Hello, I have a SP C 252SF that displays: “Misfeed: Stnd. Tray” after it prints a sheet of paper.

I put only one sheet in the paper tray to make sure it wasn't a second page causing the issue. It happens every time it prints a single page. If I print two pages the second page stops about an inch out of the fuser.

The paper comes out completely and printed completely, but I think a sensor thinks there is a jam but there is not.

I took the display off and looked at what might be called the exit assembly, but could not see underneath it any kind of actuator with the little arm stuck or anything else that would be a sensor.

Open the front door and check under the steel register roller, there is another flag sensor, it has a spring that often releases from its seat, otherwise the magnetic clutch of the paper pickup roller can slip

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

I think Mikadonovan is right, try to give a blow with air, on the sensors of the figure that sent you, a similar thing happened on the register of the sp410 / 420, and make sure the plastic arm snaps back into place quickly and securely once activated
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    Open the front door and check under the steel register roller, there is another flag sensor, it has a spring that often releases from its seat, otherwise the magnetic clutch of the paper pickup roller can slip
    Thank you, I will check when I go by the customer location again next week.

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Maybe this will help, I dunno.
    Thank you for the diagram, however I cannot find this on this model, I think it is from another model maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    I think Mikadonovan is right, try to give a blow with air, on the sensors of the figure that sent you, a similar thing happened on the register of the sp410 / 420, and make sure the plastic arm snaps back into place quickly and securely once activated
    Hi thankyou and yes I am familiar with this on the 4110 / 4210 series of monochrome printer but this SP C242SF does not have this arm that I could find. I will check when I go by the customer location again next week.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Thank you for the diagram, however I cannot find this on this model, I think it is from another model maybe?
    Directly from the detailed description manual for this model., it's part of the duplex.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Hi thankyou and yes I am familiar with this on the 4110 / 4210 series of monochrome printer but this SP C242SF does not have this arm that I could find. I will check when I go by the customer location again next week.
    my apologize, i have miss a key on keyboard, i intend the old spc410/420 series
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)