Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Ricoh 1515 - дon't spin the bottle

Display add toner. But the new bottle but not loading toner. The old one was half full. After few checks - the bottle does not rotate. Force in service mode add toner manually - again the bottle does not rotate. I disconnected the toner supply clutch connector from main pcb and connect to 24V DC power for test. Result - bottle is spinning. What could be the problem? Something software or main PCB damage?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: Ricoh 1515 - дon't spin the bottle

Last thing I would test is the clutch via output check. If the clutch can't be enganged this way it's driver IC on the I/O board might be fried for some reason.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by milenjs View Post
    Display add toner. But the new bottle but not loading toner. The old one was half full. After few checks - the bottle does not rotate. Force in service mode add toner manually - again the bottle does not rotate. I disconnected the toner supply clutch connector from main pcb and connect to 24V DC power for test. Result - bottle is spinning. What could be the problem? Something software or main PCB damage?

if i remember well in that model, there was something about toner bottle revolver unit, that pressed a switch, or a plastic lever, that broke or go out position (?) and give that message...check well, but it's been a long time.
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Last thing I would test is the clutch via output check. If the clutch can't be enganged this way it's driver IC on the I/O board might be fried for some reason.

I looked carefully - unfortunately there is no sensor for the module with the bottle.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I looked carefully - unfortunately there is no sensor for the module with the bottle.
    I think this engine is too stupid so there is no actual detection for the bottle but there is indeed some mechanics that can disturb the toner-flow into the PCDU. But I don't think this is the problem if the bottle doesn't turn during the "addindg toner" display. Another common issues with the entire series is that you shouldn't swap the toner too fast -it seems the front cover must stay open at least for ~30 seconds, otherwise the engine won't even try to recover from a toner end condition.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

..i remember now, give sc320

we no longer have the manual of that machine, try like this, open front and right panel with machine on, and take out the pcdu and reinsert it.
    if negative, you can do this, reset the signal with sp "clear toner end", then print sp990 (if any, non-standard), and reset sp801 "engine", restart, and re-enter all the data you printed
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Have you tried another PCDU or a rebuild.

But this is such an old model why waste your time.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

You probably need a new toner supply unit ( the thing the toner bottle sits in). There was an issue with the mylars falling off inside and blocking toner supply.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    ..i remember now, give sc320
    Now i try without toner hopper and get error sc322.
    I have and MP161, You will take the bottle, hopper and PCDU from him for test and try it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Take the cover off the internal tray to expose the toner bottle. If it is NOT turning, I've seen where the toner feed mechanism spring is compressed away from the toner bottle. Press on it, it should freely move in and out pressing against the toner bottle. If this is your problem, remove the back cover, you can see the toner feed clutch and the feed shaft will be sticking out. Be gentle, add some penetrating lube and tap the shaft back towards the inside of the machine. What holds the clutch in place is the frame of the machine. Push too hard and Break it...and your machine is a "Brick".