Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Ricoh mpc4504 yellow toner bottle not rotating

Says yellow toner depleted. Install yellow toner says please wait adding toner then says toner depleted. With front door open interlock cheated goes through motion but same result and yellow toner bottle does not rotate. I went to service mode and went to force toner mode try yellow never turn but when I try reset of colors they rotated. I have 24vdc at yellow toner motor on both sides then told it to turn on yellow toner motor signal never went low. I compare it with magenta had 24vdc both sides then turn on magenta toner motor signal side went Low and toner motor rotated. Check ohms on motor was 30 same on magenta toner motor. Swap the board Ricoh PCB:IOB:ENGINE:C2 (D2415112)

nothing change still not adding yellow toner. There are two ribbon cables that plug into board will look at wiring schematic

Has anyone had this problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts emiliorsg's Avatar

Re: Ricoh mpc4504 yellow toner bottle not rotating

You check the toner supply hopper for this color? Sometimes the toner transport shaft breaks and since the hopper is full, that is why the bottle does not rotate.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    Says yellow toner depleted. Install yellow toner says please wait adding toner then says toner depleted. With front door open interlock cheated goes through motion but same result and yellow toner bottle does not rotate. I went to service mode and went to force toner mode try yellow never turn but when I try reset of colors they rotated. I have 24vdc at yellow toner motor on both sides then told it to turn on yellow toner motor signal never went low. I compare it with magenta had 24vdc both sides then turn on magenta toner motor signal side went Low and toner motor rotated. Check ohms on motor was 30 same on magenta toner motor. Swap the board Ricoh PCB:IOB:ENGINE:C2 (D2415112)

nothing change still not adding yellow toner. There are two ribbon cables that plug into board will look at wiring schematic

Has anyone had this problem.
    I agree with Emiliosrg, probably the plastic screw of the toner hopper group has broken, and since in the path there are 3 sensors (bottle, toner hopper, td) probably the machine sees that the combination of the 3 signals bottle full, hopper full, and td at a low level, and does not rotate the bottle, it could also be something desired via firmware, to avoid that with the hopper broken, and the bottle continuously activated, the machine is flooded with toner ... on the other hand, it cannot display the message "toner hopper broken" ..lol..... there are several bulletins on this type of failure.

met-c1yz_fsm_it_final_291113_ASSISTENZA.jpg
    Last edited by luca72; 09-16-2022 at 11:31 AM.
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Turns out was a small screw in the transport screw nozzle and lock up auger so toner motor couldn’t turn. Was a compatible toner not OEM toner.