Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh mp6503,  copies with dark background

Re: Ricoh mp6503, copies with dark background

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    We rebuild them with Ricoh parts. I don't understand what you are saying about not being able to get the parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    MP 6503 is a Martini.
    My Apologies.....You're 100% correct.
    I swear that I saw a "C" in that model number before I posted

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tecnicot View Post
    Hi, I need help. On this MP6503 machine he began to make copies with a very dark background and the images he photocopies are gray.
    I did the complete PM (developer, drum, blades, filters...).
    And after 2000 copies it does the same again. I changed the toner for another one that was also original (in case it was that toner that was corrupted) I made 4000 copies to see if it improved, and it did not improve.
    I have changed the developer again and after 2000 copies it does the same effect again with background and grayish images.
    Do you have any idea what could be happening to him?

Thanks.
    if i understand correctly, you say that when changing the developer powder, the print are ok for 1000-2000 print?....you have do the developer initialization routine by sp?...if no, the machine back to old toner ratio concentration...anyway, check the toner supply clutch if stucked, replace the transfer belt with propely spare part (the 6503 have the belt different from martini C2!!!), clean well the drum ground assis, and try another entire corona wire unit, also from another machine.
    check also the sc code stored in memory, to see eventualy shadow problem with ID, and TD sensor

check the attachment
    Last edited by luca72; 09-19-2022 at 02:42 PM.
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Just a couple thoughts. Make sure you start the thing with door open after changing developer etc so it don't initialize. Then go through the dev initialization. Make sure your filters are new or clean, especially the intake filter on back. Next ideas are more expensive. The dev units get sloppy with wear after a couple million and blast out toner. Maybe that needs changing. You might also have something wrong with the ID sensor or drum charge sensor. Suggest you run pixel mode until you make a determination if either of these is bad.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Regardless, still waiting for an answer to the question as to whether it is only copying or not. Apparently he doesn't really want any help.
    I think the same comrade.

There is a lack of answer to the question and an image of the failure to prevent.
    I find it too hasty that the Developer (possibly generic) has been changed 2 times... It is not so cheap as to discard so quickly without testing or adjusting the SP values.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts emiliorsg's Avatar

I had this same problem recently and it was a fault caused by the toner and that was original. It would be a defective batch I imagine . I had to empty the toner hopper and change developer and run a sp2963 to initialize the developer and fill the hopper with another original toner from a different supplier and it worked. You have to enter service mode with the door open as previously tonerhead mentioned. Then I returned the defective toner, of course.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emiliorsg View Post
    I had this same problem recently and it was a fault caused by the toner and that was original. It would be a defective batch I imagine . I had to empty the toner hopper and change developer and run a sp2963 to initialize the developer and fill the hopper with another original toner from a different supplier and it worked. You have to enter service mode with the door open as previously tonerhead mentioned. Then I returned the defective toner, of course.
    Exactly what I was suspecting. Its does sound like defective toner

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Come to think of it, we had same thing. Not sure if it was the case, but we sent some oem toner back as dictated by manufacturer as defective.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex