Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Ricoh wide format W3601 image skipping

Hi all...this will be my Monday assignment: what is causing the missing parts of the Trailing End (customer says last 12"-16" ) of a 48" long print? Wide Format W3601. Looks to be very regular, wouldn't it be nice if it was just a bad paper spool or something easy? I have not seen this before. Just asking if anyone else has. I will report back !
    Thx.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh wide format W3601 image skipping

Since they appear to be linear and the MP W3601 is not an ink jet, I would say either development or laser voids. How many feet of paper have been fed through it since the last time the developer was changed? Other possibilities are a dirty doctor blade and a machine that is not setting level allowing developer to migrate toward one end of development unit. One last thing to check is a dirty laser shield glass

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Are they by any chance printing from Bluebeam? Seen this happen using it. Along with other oddities.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDYAL View Post
    Are they by any chance printing from Bluebeam? Seen this happen using it. Along with other oddities.
    He wants help but doesn't seem to be able to answer any questions.

Technician

Sorry for the delay, needed to see another machine to test it on: They need to create a "custom size" but when they put in the width (in the 3601 PS Driver) and length, ie 36" x 120 " , the numbers don't hold and the boxes remain empty. So they are using a Windows 10 print driver, just to get the right size. That could be the image problem.
    Another customer is usinga W2401 PS Ricoh driver....I just need to find one. Ricoh download page lists only the w2401/w3601, which is the driver that is not working.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esoxgreg View Post
    Sorry for the delay, needed to see another machine to test it on: They need to create a "custom size" but when they put in the width (in the 3601 PS Driver) and length, ie 36" x 120 " , the numbers don't hold and the boxes remain empty. So they are using a Windows 10 print driver, just to get the right size. That could be the image problem.
    Another customer is usinga W2401 PS Ricoh driver....I just need to find one. Ricoh download page lists only the w2401/w3601, which is the driver that is not working.
    Your samples do not look like a driver problem. They look like either a developer problem or a a dirty laser shield problem. Both are indicative of very poor maintenance

Retired 10,000+ Posts

You're not trying to use the PS V4 Driver for universal print are you? It will give you nothing but heart aches unless you are using a Microsoft V4 compatible software. Something even Microsoft does not have much of.

Technician

I appreciate the suggestions; Dev/CB/MCW/Drum/Dev Drive Belt recently replaced. When we created and ran a COPY of the 36" x 120" file it came out looking great, like all other smaller copies/prints. Crisp and clean.
    No Universal Print Driver being used, just Post Script.
    Of course at the end of the day the customer told me they were having trouble w/ all of their printers...I will report back soon !

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I appreciate the suggestions; Dev/CB/MCW/Drum/Dev Drive Belt recently replaced. When we created and ran a COPY of the 36" x 120" file it came out looking great, like all other smaller copies/prints. Crisp and clean.
    No Universal Print Driver being used, just Post Script.
    Of course at the end of the day the customer told me they were having trouble w/ all of their printers...I will report back soon !
    When you replaced the developer, how many bags of developer did you use? It is supposed to be two. If you only used one, that would cause the problem. BTW you do realize that the W3601 was introduced over 11 years ago.

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar

You can try changing the dpi to see if that makes a difference. There was an image problem that was resolved by changing the dithering setting in the PS driver from auto to photograph.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt