Red face Ricoh MP C307 screen HS ?

Hello Everyone. Some colleagues had to switch the OP screen on a old MP C307 to resell it. The old screen was scratched.

The screen was correctly replaced by a colleague last week. Today, another colleague was to finish the job and saw the screen cover was not on. He just re-dismounted the screen to correctly replace the covers, and since then, the screen does not start. Even the power led doesn't light.

Helping him, I tried 2 other screens, with the same result. I even grabbed anothe USB cord from a broken machine (I wondered if the cord was not over-folded in the process of replacing the cover), but without result.

The onlu thing left wold be replacing the engine board, but I find this weird for a machine who worked fine 2 hours ago and whose the covers have been replaced.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP C307 screen HS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourriks View Post
    Hello Everyone. Some colleagues had to switch the OP screen on a old MP C307 to resell it. The old screen was scratched.

The screen was correctly replaced by a colleague last week. Today, another colleague was to finish the job and saw the screen cover was not on. He just re-dismounted the screen to correctly replace the covers, and since then, the screen does not start. Even the power led doesn't light.

Helping him, I tried 2 other screens, with the same result. I even grabbed anothe USB cord from a broken machine (I wondered if the cord was not over-folded in the process of replacing the cover), but without result.

The onlu thing left wold be replacing the engine board, but I find this weird for a machine who worked fine 2 hours ago and whose the covers have been replaced.
    something are happened, try to check the welds around the usb connector on the BICU drive board, and the LCD, and the input voltage on LCD, from board, it would seem power problem(?)....if you have sop, check the attachment!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C307 screen HS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourriks View Post

Why did your first colleague only half fit the screen requiring another engineer to finish the job?

Is the machine now totally dead no power LED on at all ?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

If nothing works I'd go with the scratched but funtional panel to see f it works again and as a final fix swap out the digitizer taken from the dead panel

Hard to tell what happened, it's either a cable/connection issue or the PCB that hold the USB connector got too much tension during handling or something electrostatic fried the PCB.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

I've had people put the wrong screws in the wrong place when replacing a panel, some of the screws are a lot longer than others and panels have been blown because of it.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Hello everyone.

I found a functionning MPC307 to plug the screen on, and the screen works fine. Even with a spare USB cable I picked on another dead copier.

The issue is on the engine board. It works on the copier parts (I can hear the fans and the correct motions of fusing and PCU), but does not inject electrical power on the screen. The machine has been placed for spare parts, it's too expensive to change the engine board.
    Thank you for your answers.