Thread: 6004EX ADF JAMS

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    6004EX ADF JAMS

6004EX ADF JAMS

Hi, All. I have a c6004 that is having an unusual amount of misfeeds from multisheet feeding in the ADF, jam code indicates sep sensor. This machine has new feed belt, sep roller and pickup roller. The sensors are clean. Has anyone else run into odd ADF issues on this model?
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    6004EX ADF JAMS

Re: 6004EX ADF JAMS

what is the jam code?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    6004EX ADF JAMS

It's 63. I think I may have a solution. In tech bulletin 39, they changed the shape of the PF belt holder, and I'm getting the new style. AND in TB 29 they upgraded the firmware to address this very issue, which I will load tomorrow. Just a note, this DF firmware version WAS NOT included in the most recent machine package firmware for the machine.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    6004EX ADF JAMS

I would look for dust or paper lint on the black reference for the sensor.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    6004EX ADF JAMS

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I would look for dust or paper lint on the black reference for the sensor.
    Tim, I wish this fix was that easy. The normal stuff like that has already been done. I have a good feeling about the updated firmware which suppresses the rotation of the sep roller when the feed motor has stopped. I'm going to update the firmware in the morning, so about a week of operation will tell me if it made any difference.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Tim, I wish this fix was that easy. The normal stuff like that has already been done. I have a good feeling about the updated firmware which suppresses the rotation of the sep roller when the feed motor has stopped. I'm going to update the firmware in the morning, so about a week of operation will tell me if it made any difference.
    I started fighting jam 63 and double feeds on these D3B0 feeder about 2 years ago, mostly at title companies where they scan a bunch.
    I was also excited when that firmware came out. But in my experience, it doesn't fix it. (I also tried the larger rubber separation 'tongue' mentioned in the TSB. No go.)
    I also replaced all the feed parts, the motor, the sensor...

Then I met another tech who had a better answer. I started doing this about a year ago and jam 63 is gone from my call list.

On a D3B0-2202 ADF Paper Feed Unit, replace the drive roller inside the feed belt with a D684-2114. This drive roller from another ADF is slightly larger in diameter. This increases the pressure where the belt meets the rev roller. Goodbye Jam 63 and double feed.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    6004EX ADF JAMS

I updated the DF firmware, installed the new style feed belt holder, and modded the holder with 2 sided tape on top of it to provide more pressure against the reverse roller a week ago. I spoke with her yesterday and she said the DF had been feeding fine. Looks like problem solved. Thanks for all the input.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING