Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh M C240FW and WLan Connection

Is there anything known about WLan problems with this device. Device looses WLAN connection and if you want to add it again, device shows no available WLAN Networks. One day later it finds the Wlan again and you can connect.
    I had this problem with one machine at the customer and same error with this machine here in the workshop. I swapped the machine at the customer with another C240 FW and it lost connection again one time but customer could get it working by switching off and on. The mobile phones work properly at the customers wlan , so I don't think it's an issue with the customers wlan.
    Firmware is 76.308 on both devices, so an recent one I believe.

Thank you.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Ricoh M C240FW and WLan Connection

If you can, get a wireless repeater and use that to connect the printer through it's ethernet port. Wifi on Ricoh kit can be flaky at times.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    If you can, get a wireless repeater and use that to connect the printer through it's ethernet port. Wifi on Ricoh kit can be flaky at times.
    IMHO flaky at best and extremely over priced. Placement of the antenna is super critical. Move the machine 6 inches and it loses signal. Move any other piece of office furniture and it loses signal. Some body walks by and it can lose signal. Hell anything can cause it to loose signal unless it is within three feet of the AP with nothing in between, including the machine or an operator.

Quality WiFi repeaters can be found for under $50.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i-have-fax-problems View Post
    Is there anything known about WLan problems with this device. Device looses WLAN connection and if you want to add it again, device shows no available WLAN Networks. One day later it finds the Wlan again and you can connect.
    I had this problem with one machine at the customer and same error with this machine here in the workshop. I swapped the machine at the customer with another C240 FW and it lost connection again one time but customer could get it working by switching off and on. The mobile phones work properly at the customers wlan , so I don't think it's an issue with the customers wlan.
    Firmware is 76.308 on both devices, so an recent one I believe.

Thank you.
    This can when the client router changes channel or switches between 2.4GHz & 5GHz.

Try setting the router to a fixed channel.

The latest firmware update shows this fix so could be your issue.

- The device intermittently drops off the network, incorrectly
    reporting a duplicate IP address -
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk