Technician

Ricoh 7503 code 14 jams.

First time seeing this particular machine but have been servicing them for years. PCU bound up due to recycle tube shutter mistakenly left closed (I didn't do it!) lol...anyway, replaced lower drum unit now I am getting frequent code 14 (fusing unit exit late). Steps taken, cleaned registration sensor, relay sensor, regis. roller. Sometimes sheet makes it into fuser, sometimes ends up on top of duplex unit? strange. duplex mode is even worse...I am suspecting transfer belt either slipping drive or worn out to the point of not attracting paper. PM counter reads 840k on belt but we inherited machine so not sure. ordered belt and blade but would like to hear some opinions on this...TIA.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 7503 code 14 jams.

Re: Ricoh 7503 code 14 jams.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-coh View Post
    First time seeing this particular machine but have been servicing them for years. PCU bound up due to recycle tube shutter mistakenly left closed (I didn't do it!) lol...anyway, replaced lower drum unit now I am getting frequent code 14 (fusing unit exit late). Steps taken, cleaned registration sensor, relay sensor, regis. roller. Sometimes sheet makes it into fuser, sometimes ends up on top of duplex unit? strange. duplex mode is even worse...I am suspecting transfer belt either slipping drive or worn out to the point of not attracting paper. PM counter reads 840k on belt but we inherited machine so not sure. ordered belt and blade but would like to hear some opinions on this...TIA.
    Should also replace discharge plate and transfer cleaning roller. One other thing, fusing exit sensor are known for hysteresis problems as they age. Both reed switches and photo interrupters will eventually get to where they delay changing state when hot. It is only a few milliseconds but enough to be read as a jam.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Depending on the mileage of the machine the registration mylars could also be knackered.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I would check drum pick off claws and transport belt

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Free-coh View Post
    Isn't it that someone has mounted the transfer unit with the lifting lever upside down? look on another martini, if by operating the blue lever, it goes up in the direction different/overturned from yours
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Technician

Just got back to this machine...Replaced transfer belt and blade and set all voltages to the paper chart specs included with belt. No go! still jams and now output is very light in areas. Lucky enough to be able to ensure it is in the belt unit by temp. swapping it with same model machine and quality looks great. Ordered Transfer unit power pack and harness.