Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Ricoh mp 5000 - copy/scan extreme light - in print are ok

Hi, guys, first to pass at replace the image sensor, I would like to ask this:

I have this mp 5000 (521k) and pcdu kit (30k) in a school, which prints quite well, but when it makes the copies they come out practically white, the client did not notice, but I did, I removed the auto density, and moved the cursor all to dark, and stored everything as default situation, and let's say that now they are acceptable, I tried to look in SM, for some SP, to adjust the scan density, but there are 20k, and in the description it is not clear very well, which is what interests me .... does anyone know that SP? .. I just have to darken the image in the sensor.
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Technician

Re: Ricoh mp 5000 - copy/scan extreme light - in print are ok

You didn't mention if you cleaned the scanner mirrors. I hope you did though... On a lot of (usuallly) older black and whites they go really faint when covered in dust

Quote Originally Posted by MBZ6301 View Post
    You didn't mention if you cleaned the scanner mirrors. I hope you did though... On a lot of (usuallly) older black and whites they go really faint when covered in dust
    yes, thank...its all cleaned from head, to feet, there is very too different from print density, and copy/scanned image, when the laser are dirty,it start to become light from a side, here its homogeneous, i suspect the image sensor defective, or at a lost, but i want first try with some scanner-SP's if work.

p.s. i have 3 complete mp5000 retired, in our warehouse, for pick the image sensor unit
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mp 5000 - copy/scan extreme light -  in print are ok

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    yes, thank...its all cleaned from head, to feet, there is very too different from print density, and copy/scanned image, when the laser are dirty,it start to become light from a side, here its homogeneous, i suspect the image sensor defective, or at a lost, but i want first try with some scanner-SP's if work.

p.s. i have 3 complete mp5000 retired, in our warehouse, for pick the image sensor unit
    If you shine a laser pointer at a mirror. If you see a small dot the color of the pointer, that mirror is not clean. If enough filming builds up on the lamp reflectors, mirrors and lens, during POST the white reference will look like a shade of gray. The 5000 will adjust its gray scale to get it back to white. This lightens the entire grey scale for both copying and scanning. Light gray becomes white, medium gray becomes light gray, dark gray becomes medium gray and black becomes dark gray.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you shine a laser pointer at a mirror. If you see a small dot the color of the pointer, that mirror is not clean. If enough filming builds up on the lamp reflectors, mirrors and lens, during POST the white reference will look like a shade of gray. The 5000 will adjust its gray scale to get it back to white. This lightens the entire grey scale for both copying and scanning. Light gray becomes white, medium gray becomes light gray, dark gray becomes medium gray and black becomes dark gray.
    Hi Tim, i have clean the optic two time, its super clean.

Hi Tim, i have clean the optic two time, its super clean...and the White bar under the glass its full white

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    Hi Tim, i have clean the optic two time, its super clean...and the White bar under the glass its full white
    Have you tried resetting the copier and scanner user mode settings?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hello good morning

I would lower the laser and clean it super, because the same has happened to me, clear copy, full printing, but remember that the laser handles more resolution so it will come out better than the copy.
    in such a case to continue, it has also happened to me that I had to clean the ccd window and in this model if it allows it,
    It was dirty because it was a stationery store that overlooks the street and freight vehicles with acpm travel through it, which generates a lot of soot.

I hope something serves my contribution.
    Cheers

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

have never heard of this before, nor considered it. but it makes good sense. would you recommend one of the green lasers for testing this?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    have never heard of this before, nor considered it. but it makes good sense. would you recommend one of the green lasers for testing this?
    I have been using the technique for decades, starting with fluid toner estats. What I used back then was a penlight with a very tight focused beam. Hard to find now a days. A clean first surface mirror would reflect a high enough % of the light beam that you cannot see it on the mirror. The more the film built up from the crap in the air, the more you can see an illuminated spot.