Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Can not Select any functions after login.

Hello Everyone,
    I am working on Ricoh MPC3503 and a MPC4503. Both machines are not able to select any function after logged in form User Tools or from SP mode. Selection of all features are showing on the screen ( the first screen after login). But none of them is working when I select it. it just gave a beep sound and nothing happens. Does anyone has encountered this type of error? Thanks in advance of any advices and answers.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Can not Select any functions after login.

That’s because you are logged in as “admin”.

”Admin” has no rights to use the machine.

There should be a message on the screen to that extent. Make sure that you’re not in “simplified display” mode.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Are you sure you waited long Enough?
    Yes, you can log in, but depending on the programs that have been installed onto the machine, it can take easily 7-8 minutes before you can access Systems settings/ Extended features, etc., even after everything "appears" to be loaded.
    I run across this all the time when picking up my off lease machines. I have no use for, and no way to support all the extras, so the first thing I do after it boots, is uninstall EVERYTHING, and disable Java

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Are you sure you waited long Enough?
    Yes, you can log in, but depending on the programs that have been installed onto the machine, it can take easily 7-8 minutes before you can access Systems settings/ Extended features, etc., even after everything "appears" to be loaded.
    I run across this all the time when picking up my off lease machines. I have no use for, and no way to support all the extras, so the first thing I do after it boots, is uninstall EVERYTHING, and disable Java
    Usually has to do with JAVA. About all you can do while JAVA is loading is display/print the counter. It even prevents you from selecting anything in SP mode.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

When you do get it working, service mode SP5730 from 1 to 0 to disable java.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

If you are trying to enter SP mode, do the key sequence, it lets you that far then when you hit system SP it beeps, it's the HDD.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    If you are trying to enter SP mode, do the key sequence, it lets you that far then when you hit system SP it beeps, it's the HDD.
    JAVA not completed loaded will cause that as well. Before Ricoh added the ability to limit User through User Codes we had customers wanting a way to do so. The answer was the JAVA app User Account Limit v1.1. Always had to wait until the app login screen came up before I could get into anything in SP mode.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: Can not Select any functions after login.

Thanks for all your advises. It works now.
    I webbed in and uninstalled the extended features included Java. It is back on normal.👍