Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician
    C2003 overtoning

C2003 overtoning

Hello...We are primarily Konica Minolta repair but have a client that has a few legacy Ricoh MP C2003. Having an issuing with the yellow overtoning all all prints/copies. We've replaced the drum and dev and reset the voltage in the SP2-005-238 to what is specified on the drum. We've done a color calibration and have looked in the service manual but no luck..any suggestions? Thanks!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    C2003 overtoning

Re: C2003 overtoning

Quote Originally Posted by joelcarrara View Post
    Hello...We are primarily Konica Minolta repair but have a client that has a few legacy Ricoh MP C2003. Having an issuing with the yellow overtoning all all prints/copies. We've replaced the drum and dev and reset the voltage in the SP2-005-238 to what is specified on the drum. We've done a color calibration and have looked in the service manual but no luck..any suggestions? Thanks!
    When you replaced the "drum and dev" did you install a complete PCDU either from Ricoh or from a quality distributor such as Precision Roller? Or did you replace just the drum and developer powder form some Chinese company like Alibaba?

Technician
    C2003 overtoning

good question. All oem from precision and replaced both at same time.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    When you replaced the "drum and dev" did you install a complete PCDU either from Ricoh or from a quality distributor such as Precision Roller? Or did you replace just the drum and developer powder form some Chinese company like Alibaba?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    C2003 overtoning

Did you set SP 3701-071 to 1 before replacing the Y drum and SP 3701-072 to 1 before replacing the Y development unit? If not, the value entered in SP 2005-238 most likely did not get loaded to the engine. Do so now, reenter the value from the PCU sticker into SP2-005-238 and cycle the power off and back on. That number is a correction number for the toner density sensor. SP 3701 also resets the PM counters for you.

Technician
    C2003 overtoning

Honestly I don’t think we did that procedure. We’ll do it when we head back. Thanks so much! I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Did you set SP 3701-071 to 1 before replacing the Y drum and SP 3701-072 to 1 before replacing the Y development unit? If not, the value entered in SP 2005-238 most likely did not get loaded to the engine. Do so now, reenter the value from the PCU sticker into SP2-005-238 and cycle the power off and back on. That number is a correction number for the toner density sensor. SP 3701 also resets the PM counters for you.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C2003 overtoning

Honestly I don’t think we did that procedure. We’ll do it when we head back. Thanks so much! I appreciate it.
    To avoid damage and above all not to make a bad impression with the customer, next time I suggest you ask for suggestions before getting your hands on these machines, good luck.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

there is a sheet inside a pcu box, that explain all procedure and system SP to perfect install part, do not reset both parts at the same time, first reset one, then restart, and reset the other, and restart the machine, then check the reset in the pm counters, replacing those developer unit + pcu, you will solve that problem .... ah ... clean the sensors id and do the calibration from user tools at the end
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    there is a sheet inside a pcu box, that explain all procedure and system SP to perfect install part, do not reset both parts at the same time, first reset one, then restart, and reset the other, and restart the machine, then check the reset in the pm counters, replacing those developer unit + pcu, you will solve that problem .... ah ... clean the sensors id and do the calibration from user tools at the end
    I have a doubt Luca.
    Why do you recommend making unit adjustments at different times?
    Any calibration issues?

In my experience, I have not seen short- or long-term problems. You've left me intrigued.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Technician
    C2003 overtoning

I'm happy to report that your suggestions worked and we now are printing ok and yellow overtoning is a thing of the past. Thanks to all for your help! Much appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    I have a doubt Luca.
    Why do you recommend making unit adjustments at different times?
    Any calibration issues?

In my experience, I have not seen short- or long-term problems. You've left me intrigued.

If you reset both in same time, happen that if you go to check, you will notice that the pm of the developer unit is reset, the pcu no, regarding the calibration, I think that the value to be entered is a only "fine adjustment".
    Anyway, i do a complete calibration at the end of maintenance,
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)