Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Ricoh MP C3003 Slow Print & Copy- one page at a time

Curious if anybody has seen this scenario where both print and copy render very slow. A 10-page copy job took 38 seconds.
    The machine is pulling the first page and does not pull the second page until the first page exits the machine. There is only one page in the path at all times. I tried sending to internal tray, same result, one page at a time.
    We normally do not service Ricoh but I have looked through the manual and the posts pertaining to slow printing, but this is copy as well.
    Customer also stated, "they did something to slow it down before you took it over" Never seen a setting to slow a machine down besides Canon and the speed licenses.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP C3003 Slow Print & Copy- one page at a time

For printing, check if the print port is on a static ip address .What type / thickness of paper is set?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Slow Copying is an odd one.
    I've not heard of this before, but there might be some service level setting(s) that could be the cause .

I would imagine that whatever is the cause, that a memory clear on everything - EXCEPT ENGINE should get it sorted out.
    At least that's what I'd do if I came across something inexplicable like this.

But make sure you back up the Address book and/or machine settings first.

As for the slow printing, the reset may resolve it, Otherwise, make sure it is setup using a TCP/IP port and not the WSD port, which is what will happen if you allow windows to install the printer automatically - BRUTALLY SLOW output!

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    For printing, check if the print port is on a static ip address .What type / thickness of paper is set?
    Port is IP, using PCL 6 (not Universal). It also does the same while copying, not just isolated to printing

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Slow Copying is an odd one.
    I've not heard of this before, but there might be some service level setting(s) that could be the cause .

I would imagine that whatever is the cause, that a memory clear on everything - EXCEPT ENGINE should get it sorted out.
    At least that's what I'd do if I came across something inexplicable like this.

But make sure you back up the Address book and/or machine settings first.

As for the slow printing, the reset may resolve it, Otherwise, make sure it is setup using a TCP/IP port and not the WSD port, which is what will happen if you allow windows to install the printer automatically - BRUTALLY SLOW output!
    I have seen many posts on this forum regarding the slow printing. What struck me is a single page in the paper path at all times. Copy ten sheets, first sheet exits, sheet 2 is fed, second sheet exits, sheet 3 is fed, etc. Does the exact same thing copy or print.
    Port is IP and using PCL 6 (not universal version).
    Customer is adamant it was a change made by the previous techs, just need to figure out what they changed....

Retired 10,000+ Posts

WHat ever was changed, it would show up in the Non Default settings. Enter SP mode and print SP 5990-006. A lot of them are actually engine settings so will need to be manually set back to default. Definitely do not do an All Clear SP 5801-001 or an Engine Clear SP 5801-002 unless you have the "Birth certificate" for that machine. It includes all final setting made at the factory to compensate for variations in electronic and mechanical devices. If you have never done a manual line position adjustment to get a Ricoh to where it is close enough for Auto Color Calibration to pull it into alignment before, it can take you hours.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    WHat ever was changed, it would show up in the Non Default settings. Enter SP mode and print SP 5990-006. A lot of them are actually engine settings so will need to be manually set back to default. Definitely do not do an All Clear SP 5801-001 or an Engine Clear SP 5801-002 unless you have the "Birth certificate" for that machine. It includes all final setting made at the factory to compensate for variations in electronic and mechanical devices. If you have never done a manual line position adjustment to get a Ricoh to where it is close enough for Auto Color Calibration to pull it into alignment before, it can take you hours.
    From your description, I would assume anything not at default would be highlighted/ indicated on that report? Sharps had a similar report where anything not default would be highlighted black.
    Only birth certificate I have is from 1976...with my name on it, thanks for the heads up slim.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    From your description, I would assume anything not at default would be highlighted/ indicated on that report? Sharps had a similar report where anything not default would be highlighted black.
    Only birth certificate I have is from 1976...with my name on it, thanks for the heads up slim.

The report only lists those settings that are bot at default. One column shows the current setting any the other the default. Column heading will identify which is which.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

The birth certificate can be hidden in almost any nook or cranny in or on the machine.

That’s where it gets stashed at the factory.

A lot of techs (mostly non-Ricoh trained) are not aware of its existence.

I don’t think it’s mentioned in any manual, but I could be wrong.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 100+ Posts emiliorsg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    The birth certificate can be hidden in almost any nook or cranny in or on the machine.

That’s where it gets stashed at the factory.

A lot of techs (mostly non-Ricoh trained) are not aware of its existence.

I don’t think it’s mentioned in any manual, but I could be wrong.
    The "normal" thing is that the initial sp mode sheet is located on the front door under the scanner bracket which is removed at installation.