Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

IMC3000A / Scanning issues (lines)

Hi there, I have a customer using the machine mainly for scanning (had an MPC3004exASP before).

Unfortunately this model reacts very sensitive to dust particle wich are visible as short lines in the scan results if a particle got stuck in the viewing area of the scanner (a few cm long both on random places in the image black or colored) - I know this is not entirely unnormal but the amounts of lines occuring seem to be way more than usual. It's mainly a front side issue but also occuring at the back side (dual scan feeder). Customer got canned air and cleaning utilities but compared to the previous model the amount of lines occuring are not OK to him.

Have you guys faced this issue, too or might recommend some end user or sp setting that might help to reduce the occurence of these lines?

Re: IMC3000A / Scanning issues (lines)

Hi. I had a similar problem, and after cleaning optics several times and many calls,I replaced the whole optical carriage.So far so good.(sorry my english)

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    Hi. I had a similar problem, and after cleaning optics several times and many calls,I replaced the whole optical carriage.So far so good.(sorry my english)
    OK that's quite a big step - what do you mean with optical carriage, just the lamp waggon?
    I'm still not 100% convinced that this is a hardware issue and asked my tech to check if the scanner area is really clean and take some good pics if
    there's dirt contamination.

My collegue found this interesting information in the service manual (sometimes it doesn't hurt to RTFM lol):

streak.jpg

Actually current feeders using a contact-less method to move the original over the glass plate to avoid dirt contamination.
    As a side effect dust and other loose particles might end up between the original and glass plate causing intermittent streaks.

My collegue will now talk to the customer and might convert the DF to the old style method since the friction of the paper
    should reduce the streaks caused by loose particles wich seems to be the better benefit for that customer.

Yes, interesting.In my case, for the last visits i saw the mirrors clean,i cleaned it and the lines disappeared. However it lasts only a few days. Finally i replaced the mirrors block.
    Good luck.