Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Scanning issues with windows 11

Hey, All. Hope everyone has had a good day. Question. Has anybody had troubles with this? I am attempting this again with another client. Tha first time was a no go at the last account. They eneded up calling an IT guy and I still don't know if their issue has been resolved.The machine is old, c4501, but it scanned fine to win 10. I must be missing something on the setup.I have done a lot of these scan to folder setups that work fine, that is why Im looking at new OS issues.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Scanning issues with windows 11

If the Win 11 computers are part of a domain, make sure that the C4501 has the domain name correctly entered in the interface settings.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I know windows 11 likes to keep public network as the default/preferred setting as opposed to private network. Have you checked to make sure the network is set to private?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Signed into the computer with a Microsoft account or a local account?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

It was Mcaffee antivirus blocking the scans. Hate it.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Hey, All. Hope everyone has had a good day. Question. Has anybody had troubles with this? I am attempting this again with another client. Tha first time was a no go at the last account. They eneded up calling an IT guy and I still don't know if their issue has been resolved.The machine is old, c4501, but it scanned fine to win 10. I must be missing something on the setup.I have done a lot of these scan to folder setups that work fine, that is why Im looking at new OS issues.

The MP C4501 doesn't support SMB v2/3 this is most likely your issue as Win 11 blocks SMB v1.0.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

McAfee pops up an alert box the first time it detects a new type activity. If the user has been trained to click Block without first reading what the activity is you then have to log in as the administrator and remove the block. I have even had it block all IP printing this way. It will also automatically block if Allow is not clicked within a fix time, often before the person doing the scan gets back to their computer.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Since the original problem was solved, I'll post this here. I set up SMB scan today on a Kyocera. There was no domain. No server. Only an ISP router.

Anyway, I set up the first PC and it worked fine. The second PC tested "ok" from the web interface. When I scanned a page to the 2nd PC, I got no error and it appeared to go thru. When I checked the scan folder nothing was there.

This has never happened to me before. Ever.

The solution I came up with was to delete the shared folder that I named "Scan" and create another folder named "Scan22". This time it worked fine.

Weird problem.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Since the original problem was solved, I'll post this here. I set up SMB scan today on a Kyocera. There was no domain. No server. Only an ISP router.

Anyway, I set up the first PC and it worked fine. The second PC tested "ok" from the web interface. When I scanned a page to the 2nd PC, I got no error and it appeared to go thru. When I checked the scan folder nothing was there.

This has never happened to me before. Ever.

The solution I came up with was to delete the shared folder that I named "Scan" and create another folder named "Scan22". This time it worked fine.

Weird problem.
    I had an elementary school district with multiple campuses. On the main server in the district off there were separate folders for each campus and each teacher and office staff member had their own sub folder on their campus folder. Early into the new school year I got a call from their IT person that it was taking considerable time for a new scan to show up for the person doing the scan. I met the IT at the district office and we did a test to a folder he had set up for testing. Logging directly into a computer with the test credentials, we tried to pull up a new scan and it wasn't there. but if he used RDT to log in to the server as the administer and drilled down to the destination folder, it showed the new scan. What we found was that if someone tried to access their own default mapped drive on the server, they did not see recent new files. If instead they opened their mapped campus drive and then opened their personal folder the new scan was there.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts emiliorsg's Avatar

Not only does Mcaffee block the scanner, it happens with most antivirus or internet security. When this problem happens to me and I am not able to find in the software where it is unlocked, I usually pass the problem on to the client's computer since it is not a problem with the machine.