Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    DF scanning failed - MP 301

Re: DF scanning failed - MP 301

Do you can the line if you copy from the main glass duplex or is it only when using the DF.

I see you have stated you carefully cleaned all optics etc so I would suggest that.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Do you can the line if you copy from the main glass duplex or is it only when using the DF.
    I see you have stated you carefully cleaned all optics etc so I would suggest that.
    Only in the DF.

Quote Originally Posted by luka72
    you see a strong distortion in the image by enlarging it, two things come to mind, which have happened to me.
    1) the internal screws of the hinge of the rdf are starting to unscrew, try to press the rdf with your hand on it to see if anything changes
    2) the document dragging reverse mechanism of the rdf, does not work well, I suggest you remove the upper plastic cover of the rdf, and observe/check very carefully the reverse mechanism which is at the front (direction of te) while he is working, to see what happens, I remember that there was something that once messed me up

one thing, but the dark line, its always in the exact same spot? or does it move?
    On a next visit, we will check the suggestion. I may not have noticed any detail, we have not come to appreciate anything unusual in the return of the paper. We will try to be more meticulous. (Although it was a theory that at first we had discarded)
    The line is not nine, it is always in the same exact position.
    Last edited by UNICORNico; 11-28-2022 at 09:35 AM.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    Only in the DF.
    On a next visit, we will check the suggestion. I may not have noticed any detail, we have not come to appreciate anything unusual in the return of the paper. We will try to be more meticulous. (Although it was a theory that at first we had discarded)
    The line is not nine, it is always in the same exact position.
    I wanted to say that the black line DOES NOT MOVE, I do not know why I put "nine", failure to type or subconscious xD haha
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    DF scanning failed - MP 301

One time that I encountered a similar problem the cause was that to eliminate wasting paper someone had loaded used paper that was blank other than the lines on the back side.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    One time that I encountered a similar problem the cause was that to eliminate wasting paper someone had loaded used paper that was blank other than the lines on the back side.
    Unfortunately it is not that simple. The paper is new, just opened from his package, I still have the visit pending, luckily the client does not seem too impatient, for this failure.