Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Mp 6001  - Printing light / faded black after reset...

Re: Ricoh Mp 6001 - Printing light / faded black after reset...

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    I think with "memory all clear"
    that's what I was thinking

Technician

Hi again,
    yes i had to reset "memory all clear" with no option for an error (don't remember what was the code) i couldn't turn off... This isn't the first time i did the reset, i remember the light prints issue was fixed by the time after the first reset i did but i don't remember how, was long time ago...
    I have this issue with another machine ricoh mp 2003 and i never did the reset on it...starts prints well black but after 50 100 sheets comes light prints. Same happens with the machine that i really need to fix (ricoh 6001).
    The method "Forced Toner Supply" works during 50 sheets printed. I need to stop and press again "FTS" to print real black dense again...
    I saw some videos on Youtube and some similar ricoh machines have the option "Development Bias Adjustment" "Printing" to adjust the values like 650 to more black or more light to -650, as you can see here:

زيادة الحبر على طابعات ريكو والتنصيع Increased ink on Ricoh printers -Augmentation l'encre sur Ricoh - YouTube

But mine don't have "Printing" option above the "Development Bias Adjustment", have other options that i don't know what its for ... check my screenshot:
    dsdas.jpg

I must say i'm not a pro at the machine, specially when i enter at SP System, i'm learning by using the machine daily for the costumers. I don't have the manual because the machine was a second hand when we bought it years ago. Like i said before, the machine was printing very well before the reset, very probably all the options turned to be "factory".

I just want (if possible) an easy guidelines, possibilities to solve this problem printing. I saw there are some similar issues here in this forum, but to be honest i didn't see any real resolution...

Thanks,
    Flip

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Time to buy a new machine or spend a lot of money on a full service by an experienced tech and a lot of money on parts for this old machine.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    Time to buy a new machine or spend a lot of money on a full service by an experienced tech and a lot of money on parts for this old machine.
    I need alternatives, for now... I know this could be fixed but seems no one have patience to help with options, details... I'll wait for a tech.

Thanks anyway.
    Flip

Quote Originally Posted by xXFlipPTXx View Post
    Hi again,
    yes i had to reset "memory all clear" with no option for an error (don't remember what was the code) i couldn't turn off... This isn't the first time i did the reset, i remember the light prints issue was fixed by the time after the first reset i did but i don't remember how, was long time ago...
    I have this issue with another machine ricoh mp 2003 and i never did the reset on it...starts prints well black but after 50 100 sheets comes light prints. Same happens with the machine that i really need to fix (ricoh 6001).
    The method "Forced Toner Supply" works during 50 sheets printed. I need to stop and press again "FTS" to print real black dense again...
    I saw some videos on Youtube and some similar ricoh machines have the option "Development Bias Adjustment" "Printing" to adjust the values like 650 to more black or more light to -650, as you can see here:

زيادة الحبر على طابعات ريكو والتنصيع Increased ink on Ricoh printers -Augmentation l'encre sur Ricoh - YouTube

But mine don't have "Printing" option above the "Development Bias Adjustment", have other options that i don't know what its for ... check my screenshot:
    dsdas.jpg

I must say i'm not a pro at the machine, specially when i enter at SP System, i'm learning by using the machine daily for the costumers. I don't have the manual because the machine was a second hand when we bought it years ago. Like i said before, the machine was printing very well before the reset, very probably all the options turned to be "factory".

I just want (if possible) an easy guidelines, possibilities to solve this problem printing. I saw there are some similar issues here in this forum, but to be honest i didn't see any real resolution...

Thanks,
    Flip
    Did you follow the steps outlined by Slim? If you mean the mp"C" 2003 it is another car of a completely different kind and nothing to do with this one. You need the birth certificate to restore the factory set values ​​or clean the optics, drum group, transfer group, replace the parts outside the PM count (at least developer and drum) and initialise.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    Did you follow the steps outlined by Slim? If you mean the mp"C" 2003 it is another car of a completely different kind and nothing to do with this one. You need the birth certificate to restore the factory set values ​​or clean the optics, drum group, transfer group, replace the parts outside the PM count (at least developer and drum) and initialise.
    It can be done on a color machine. I have had to do it a number of times, thank you junior techs. The first time can take anywhere from 1 to 5 days to get the 3 color laser aligned with the black. Before I retired I had it down to about a 45 minute job to get it to where auto color alignment could pull the colors back into full alignment. Then you have to work on registration.

I need alternatives, for now... I know this could be fixed but seems no one have patience to help with options, details... I'll wait for a tech.

Thanks anyway.
    Flip
    Don’t forget to tell tech you cleared memory and expect most PM parts need changing as the parts counters have been cleared.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Thanks anyway.
    Flip
    The details are in the service manual. That is the best help offer you are going to get unless you are going to pay, in advance, for someone to come there and fix it for you. The current going rate is at least $150.00 an hour plus first class air fare both way, meals and at least one night in a four star hotel. Now start reading the service manual unless you don't know how to read. If you need a manual there is a forum for requesting one.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

[...]

[...]
    Worrying statement.

I understand that at some point we have all started in this sector being newbies, but from there to serve companies, without having had enough experience and professionalism in this sector ...

That in my country we call it "Labor intrusion", and leaves in a very bad place, the technicians who work in companies in this sector, so that untrained people, take away customers because they are dedicated to making botched, at ridiculous prices because you do not pay the documentation and certificates as distributors of the brand.

Sorry, but people like that make me very tense.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Probably a dirty ID sensor. Check SP 3001-001. If it is much more than 100 you have a dirty sensor which will make the ID patch look darker than it actually resulting in the 6001 under toning. Remove PCU, follow instructions in the service manual. Remove the drum and place it in a drum cloth. Clean all toner from the PCU frame. If you use a vacuum, do not vacuum close to the ID sensor as static will destroy the sensor. Use a camera lens brush to clean the sensor followed by a soft cotton cloth slightly dampened with water only.

After putting the PCU back in the 6001 and closing all doors, run SP 3001-002. This should change SP 3001-001 to between 50 and 80. Run SP 2962 to manually run ProCon.
    The ID sensor that i've checked is in 53...
    The printer Ricoh MP 6001 is now working very well, printing dense black all the way since wednesday.
    The solution (for me in this case) was trying to forced toner supply 3 times everytime i was starting a print job until i stopped to use that same option and now prints all to the end always dense black.
    No tech needed... the "Memory all clear" is not the end of the world...

"Nothing's Dead (Old) Until It's Buried - Lock Up 1989

Thanks.
    Flip