Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

aficio 1022 door open

I know i know it's dynosaurus etc but customer makes too little copies and it is imposible to replace it.
    The cover of interchange unit (the plastic , at the right side of copier above the transfer unit cover) unit was broken and as client tried to pull out a jamed paper and opened, he removed the this cover. I replaced this cover with a new one but when i closed it an open cover ofinterchange unit appeares. I checked it and everything in interchage unit looks fine . I Swapted the interchange unit with an other one with no result. I reattached the replaced (and broken ) interchange unit cover but the same (machine worked with this cover even broken).
    LAter customer told me that he had a lot of paper jams and at teh same time a spinning sound . When he had a paper jam the paper
    exited 1-2 cm from the exit of the copier . This happened frequently but he could make some copies even so . No error code (as he said) So i swapted an other main motor from an other machine with no result.
    Any idea?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: aficio 1022 door open

Firstly, buy a new machine. That machine is over 15 years old and the problem with that is the board becomes brittle and picks up dry joints. The plastic covers and parts also become brittle and break. Those problems can be a real pain.

That being said the door switches on the right have a tendency off going faulty. Change those and check

Also the small cover on the right above the main cover on the right once broken can be tricky to realign and if it's off alignment then it will jam or say door open.

Best of luck friend

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    Firstly, buy a new machine. That machine is over 15 years old and the problem with that is the board becomes brittle and picks up dry joints. The plastic covers and parts also become brittle and break. Those problems can be a real pain.

That being said the door switches on the right have a tendency off going faulty. Change those and check

Also the small cover on the right above the main cover on the right once broken can be tricky to realign and if it's off alignment then it will jam or say door open.

Best of luck friend

You mean the front door switches ? It shows the cover on the right above the main right cover

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    aficio 1022 door open

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    You mean the front door switches ? It shows the cover on the right above the main right cover
    Remove the upper right front cover,the one right below the key pad. You should then be able to see the switch for that upper door and the wire harness going to it. If that switch has been going bad, it could be the cause of the jams. How many J001 do you have, the count in SP 7504-001. They will only show in the SP 7504 counts as they are not actual jams. They are when paper is found at a sensor at Power On or when a jam door is closed or as is probably your problem when vibration causes on of those flaky push button switches to lose contact.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    I know i know it's dynosaurus etc but customer makes too little copies and it is imposible to replace it.
    The cover of interchange unit (the plastic , at the right side of copier above the transfer unit cover) unit was broken and as client tried to pull out a jamed paper and opened, he removed the this cover. I replaced this cover with a new one but when i closed it an open cover ofinterchange unit appeares. I checked it and everything in interchage unit looks fine . I Swapted the interchange unit with an other one with no result. I reattached the replaced (and broken ) interchange unit cover but the same (machine worked with this cover even broken).
    LAter customer told me that he had a lot of paper jams and at teh same time a spinning sound . When he had a paper jam the paper
    exited 1-2 cm from the exit of the copier . This happened frequently but he could make some copies even so . No error code (as he said) So i swapted an other main motor from an other machine with no result.
    Any idea?
    may have a double problem (jam+door open) for "door open" try to check/change the psu....I seem to remember that there was also something to do with the laser, but maybe I'm remembering wrong
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)