Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: Looking for advice printing envelopes

Quote Originally Posted by kringle View Post
    I'll recheck all the settings in the driver. The settings for each job are controlled in an iqueue rip software, but maybe there is a default print driver causing issue. Definately using a heavy stock slower speed. If you run envelopes too fast, they don't fuse well. Resolution is set at either 1200 or 2400. I have been going back and forth for years, but the resolution doesn't seem to matter. It happens when the drums and all are new, so it's not an over rated prints issue I don't think. MOSTLY always magenta but can be other colors.

Do you know if there is a setting that accounts for low coverage? I really feel like the drums are being fed more toner than is being laid down on paper and the excess toner is ending up toning over the sheet.
    The fact of increasing the resolution, has only the purpose of further slowing down the print engine as much as possible.

The machine all clean and in place, with the process control (SP3) should balance everything efficiently, there is something that does not come back to me, if I understand correctly, you have 2 identical machines with the same problem, you swap the parts, and the defect remains?... Do you do the initiation of the developer or the PCU when you change? Are drums, toners original?... have you ever replaced the PTR roller?.. try to do as I told you above, and if you do not get a good result, look on the SM, the SP's, to reduce the transfer current​ on that type of support
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Looking for advice printing envelopes

Re: Looking for advice printing envelopes

Check PM counters for Rotation (%) SP 7803-061 through SP 7803-076. Anything that is over 100% needs to be replaced soon. Anything over 200% needs to be replaced immediately if not sooner. Note, Drum, Dev Unit and Developer are all replaced together as User Replacement PCDU units and for most Printers are available as a Maintenance Kit that includes all 4 colors. After everything is within PM specifications and all toner scattering has been properly cleaned, making the adjustments found in the first pages of the attached.

Service Program (SP) Settings.pdf