Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Mpc 2503 - light cyano halos effect around the text despite dev&pcu already replaced

hello everyone, monday or tuesday, i have to go and see a mpc2503 from a customer who usually follows my colleague, we checked in our management system and both the cyano developer unit and the cyano pcu are replaced a month ago at bk=39k cl=167k, now the problem has reappeared, (but I'm not sure if it was already fixed).
    I have unlimited spare parts available in the warehouse, and several mpc2003 and 2503 units here with us, I am attaching the defect that the customer sent me via email, what do you think it is?
    its already happend to me the same defect with black color on mpc2051 some year ago, but i dont remeber what i do that time.

p.s. enlarge the attachment well to see the defect, where there is the cyano component, there is the halo
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Mpc 2503 - light cyano halos effect around the text despite dev&pcu already repla

For troubleshooting, try swapping cyan and magenta drums to see if the problem moves with the drums.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: Mpc 2503 - light cyano halos effect around the text despite dev&pcu already repla

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    For troubleshooting, try swapping cyan and magenta drums to see if the problem moves with the drums.

thanks, the first thing I will do is insert a complete cyano pcdu (used), recovered here in the laboratory to see what happens, my colleague changed for the same problem cyano dev unit and pcu new from the box a month ago

among other things, today the customer wrote us back, pointing out that now when he prints blue, it comes out pink
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mpc 2503 - light cyano halos effect around the text despite dev&pcu already replaced

It might be drum charge or developer bias.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    hello everyone, monday or tuesday, i have to go and see a mpc2503 from a customer who usually follows my colleague, we checked in our management system and both the cyano developer unit and the cyano pcu are replaced a month ago at bk=39k cl=167k, now the problem has reappeared, (but I'm not sure if it was already fixed).
    I have unlimited spare parts available in the warehouse, and several mpc2003 and 2503 units here with us, I am attaching the defect that the customer sent me via email, what do you think it is?
    its already happend to me the same defect with black color on mpc2051 some year ago, but i dont remeber what i do that time.

p.s. enlarge the attachment well to see the defect, where there is the cyano component, there is the halo

Can't really tell from that print example.

Are they using genuine toner?

Take a good cyan PCDU with you when you go back.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    thanks, the first thing I will do is insert a complete cyano pcdu (used), recovered here in the laboratory to see what happens, my colleague changed for the same problem cyano dev unit and pcu new from the box a month ago

among other things, today the customer wrote us back, pointing out that now when he prints blue, it comes out pink

Sounds like developer issue. Suspect drum is pulling developer maybe because of bias issue on developer unit. I would replace entire pcdu assembly and make sure of developer bias. For grins, rear cover on pcdu is on and copper contacts and contacting what they are supposed to, right. I venture to guess if you split the drum/dev assys, you will find it is missing developer on the mag roll.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex