Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ricoh MP501 Cant access interface settings or service mode

I have a Ricoh MP501 that cant access service mode or get into interface settings there is no tab option once in system settings. I have tried factory reseting the machine and admin authentication is turned off hower options are limited as I cannot get into service mode which is usually reset 806182c any ideas anyone copies fine but would like to get it to print?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts davidmtupper's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP501 Cant access interface settings or service mode

Try Reset, 107, hold Clear to get into service mode on this one.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Someone may have changed the 6 digit SP access code.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidmtupper View Post
    It is the new code on this unit by default.
    The SP mode MUST be 6 digits even when changed.
    That said, I know of several occasions where Reset, 107107, CLEAR (hold) has worked.
    ...But that doesn't explain why there is no interface tab once in system settings

I seem to remember a similar situation on a machine I was picking up for resale some time ago. I think that there was some sort of 3rd party management software installed on the unit that put extreme limitations on the system settings, and once I managed to uninstall it everything came back.

Also.....have you checked that Service mode lock isn't enabled? You will have to turn on admin authentication, and then log in just to display the tab in System settings ( that's assuming that those tabs are even available in its current state)

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    That said, I know of several occasions where Reset, 107107, CLEAR (hold) has worked.
    ...But that doesn't explain why there is no interface tab once in system settings

I seem to remember a similar situation on a machine I was picking up for resale some time ago. I think that there was some sort of 3rd party management software installed on the unit that put extreme limitations on the system settings, and once I managed to uninstall it everything came back.

Also.....have you checked that Service mode lock isn't enabled? You will have to turn on admin authentication, and then log in just to display the tab in System settings ( that's assuming that those tabs are even available in its current state)
    There is also the possibility it has to do with Administrator Settings. On older models if a specific Network Administrator was setup, it would gray out the settings on the Interface Tab, maybe it now makes the entire tab non-accessible. Another possibility is the Network Security Level. The button for it can't even be seen unless you are logged in as the proper Administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmtupper View Post
    I hve tried this but thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post

Have tried the 107107 clear that also doesnt work and service mode lock is disabled is there any way of checking if this software you are talking about isnt installed or any way to reset service mode login without being able to access service mode thanks.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

You said that you did a Factory Reset. If that means that you can get into Factory SP mode, see if the setting for the SP access code is available there.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You said that you did a Factory Reset. If that means that you can get into Factory SP mode, see if the setting for the SP access code is available there.
    what I meant is I reset system settings to factory default by holding # and pressing system settings as I said cannot get into service mode at all.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by engineer1234 View Post
    what I meant is I reset system settings to factory default by holding # and pressing system settings as I said cannot get into service mode at all.
    Your best bet then is to arraign an on site visit by your Ricoh regional support person.