Thread: aficio 2022

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

aficio 2022

Image is ok but lines are too vivid and customer wants to prints and copies lighter. I tried to change value of Charge Roller Bias Adjustment 2-001-1 . Value is 1650 i changed it to 1750 but when i press # value turns immediatly to 1500. When i run 2-802 value returns to 1650 but every time i try to change it , it takes value 1500. Any idea how to change it or how to get lighter images on printing and copying?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    aficio 2022

Re: aficio 2022

Try SP 2932* Toner Density Control Level
    Adjusts the toner density control threshold level.
    [0 = Normal / 1 = Dark / 2 = Light / 3 = Darker / 4 = Lighter]
    Use this SP when you want to adjust the image density.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    aficio 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    Image is ok but lines are too vivid and customer wants to prints and copies lighter. I tried to change value of Charge Roller Bias Adjustment 2-001-1 . Value is 1650 i changed it to 1750 but when i press # value turns immediatly to 1500.
    Um... maybe because the max setting is -1700!
    C'mon man.....it's about a 15 year old unit and apparently you've still never opened a manual.

Here's an idea, replace the drum unit with a new 1027 PCU - not compatible, and not rebuilt with compatible parts...a new Unit!
    When proper parts and supplies are used, none of the garbage you're trying to do is necessary, nor will any of it resolve the problem.

Been there, done that

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    Image is ok but lines are too vivid and customer wants to prints and copies lighter. I tried to change value of Charge Roller Bias Adjustment 2-001-1 . Value is 1650 i changed it to 1750 but when i press # value turns immediatly to 1500. When i run 2-802 value returns to 1650 but every time i try to change it , it takes value 1500. Any idea how to change it or how to get lighter images on printing and copying?
    What lines are you talking about? Please scan a sample of what it is doing so we can further assist you.

Also
    Full service. And I do MEAN fully service the machine. Replace the PCU and if you can't, Strip the PCU and fully clean and service as well. Check your main charge for issues, build-up etc.
    Also check main charge supply spring on the chassis. Stretch it out a bit. They sometimes have a tendency of losing their tension.

Plus, just like the other engineers said, it's a really old machine, upgrade to a newer model. I know the customer may not want to hear this but in the long run it's better for you and them.

All the best friend

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

1 more thing before I forget

In all the years of repairing those sort of Ricoh machines starting from the 220 to the 1022 to the 2022 to the 3025 to the 2550 to the 2851 to the 2852 to the 2553, I have never had to adjust the main charge or the developer bais to correct copies / prints that are too dark or light. If I did get copies / prints that were too dark or light it meant there was a fault with a part.

Which means if you are having an issue with it being too dark or light then you need to get to the root of the problem.

Playing around with SP mode settings now can lead to much greater problems later. Problems that you don't want to have.

All the best friend